Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

I've only just learned of this track now, being 'out of touch' for a while due to life intervening.

There are reports online, but they all seem to be the same press release. E.g. here: https://1063thefox.com/new-eagles-tr...tribute-album/

“Part Of The Plan,” the Eagles’ first studio recording since the death of Glenn Frey, will appear on the upcoming collection, A Tribute to Dan Fogelberg, according to Variety. Fogelberg and the Eagles had a unique connection — in addition to the band, Joe Walsh and Fogelberg all shared a manger and confidante in Irving Azoff, Walsh produced and performed on Fogelberg’s second album, 1974’s Souvenirs, with “Part Of The Plan” serving as the album’s opening track.
    This is a surprise, as I didn't expect Eagles to record again.

BTW: I wasn't too familiar with the original Souvenir album, so I'm playing it now on Spotify. Of course, I played the songs with Henley/Frey/Meisner participation first.

In terms of the upcoming cover song, I'll be buying the album when it comes out. I don't know what to expect, but I'll soon find out.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: "Part of the Plan" - Dan Fogelberg tribute track

I saw a track listing for this album yesterday, but can't remember where I saw it. Maybe it was on these forums.

Was surprised to see that Donna Summer recorded a song.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Shocking that the 'Eagles' minus Glenn will contribute. They could have just used their names rather than that.......

Not happy.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I saw a track listing for this album yesterday, but can't remember where I saw it. Maybe it was on these forums.

Was surprised to see that Donna Summer recorded a song.
    Donna Summer sadly passed on in 2012, so the song must have been recorded some time before that.

The link in my first post above gives a full track listing of the album. I think that all the articles have the same source - presumably a press release - as they have the same information.

In terms of the future of Eagles, I'm certainly not going to make any predictions. I think it's best to just wait and see what happens. They're certainly taking one step at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I've only just learned of this track now, being 'out of touch' for a while due to life intervening.

There are reports online, but they all seem to be the same press release. E.g. here: https://1063thefox.com/new-eagles-tr...tribute-album/

This is a surprise, as I didn't expect Eagles to record again.

BTW: I wasn't too familiar with the original Souvenir album, so I'm playing it now on Spotify. Of course, I played the songs with Henley/Frey/Meisner participation first.

In terms of the upcoming cover song, I'll be buying the album when it comes out. I don't know what to expect, but I'll soon find out.
    Being a big Dan Figelberg fan particularly his Netherlands album I love this news; Part of the Plan isn't my favourite Fogelberg song but would fit the Eagles well with it's acoustic chord progression and big harmonies hook!
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I don't know this song so I just took a listen and the chorus really sounds like something Poco would have written and performed. It's very up-tempo for the Eagles. Can't wait to hear Joe/Tim/Don's version.

Border Rebel

Not my favorite DF song, but I'm glad the Eagles are participating. I've always loved Dan's music and was happy I got to see him in concert at a smaller venue a few years before his death.

Which songs of his did the guys sing back-up on the original recordings?

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Not my favorite DF song, but I'm glad the Eagles are participating. I've always loved Dan's music and was happy I got to see him in concert at a smaller venue a few years before his death.

Which songs of his did the guys sing back-up on the original recordings?
    I know they sang on "As The Raven Flies" and I'm pretty sure they did the vocals on "There's A Place In The World For A Gambler." There may have been others too, but those are the ones I recall off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by scottside View Post
    I know they sang on "As The Raven Flies" and I'm pretty sure they did the vocals on "There's A Place In The World For A Gambler." There may have been others too, but those are the ones I recall off the top of my head.
    I definitely hear Henley Frey on Someone' Been Tellin You Stories, been listening to that song a lot and could just tell on the chorus its them.
    Same Dancers in the Same Old Shoes

Out on the Border

https://youtu.be/vAhzT_cPbTE Glenn singing with Dan on Hard To Say.