Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

Thanks from me as well, E-7. It's nice to learn more about the memorial.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Border Desperado tequila mockingbird's Avatar

Red face Re: Memorial for Glenn at The Forum 2/16/16

It's a melancholy dichotomy that often in absence we find the full grace of presence. Part of me is glad that the memorial was so private. I think his family and friends deserve a sacred space to grieve his loss and celebrate his life.

"The first thing that happens is you get some kind of label and you've gotta live up to it and then you just get caught in that. And, I forget what the second thing is." ~Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by tequila mockingbird View Post
    It's a melancholy dichotomy that often in absence we find the full grace of presence. Part of me is glad that the memorial was so private. I think his family and friends deserve a sacred space to grieve his loss and celebrate his life.
    I agree. As much as we want our closure it is important for them as a family in private to have that.

Stuck on the Border

I'm glad there are no photos because even well-known people should be allowed to be sad or cry without the world looking on.

However, I'd like to know what Stevie Wonder sang.

I wonder what the connection between Glenn and Stevie Wonder. I know Stevie sang on Don's song Nobody Else In the World But You, but I wonder about him and Glenn.

As a fellow newbie, welcome E-7! I hope you find a connection with others who share the same love and sorrow. I'm sure we all share the same heartfelt concern and would cherish ANY insight you can provide about the memorial. The loss of this amazing, talented man has resulted in behavior considered by others to be somewhat obsessive. But, I believe it's because we recognize the impact he had and sadly realize that their beautiful harmony can never be replaced. We were truly blessed to experience it in our lifetime! Music ForAllTime ❣

THANK YOU so much E-7 for sharing some little tidbits of the memorial...I'm sure it was everything it should have been...private, personal, touching and beautiful...for a very worthy man....

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I wonder what the connection between Glenn and Stevie Wonder. I know Stevie sang on Don's song Nobody Else In the World But You, but I wonder about him and Glenn.
    Both from Detroit? Glenn also sang on NEITWBY. Perhaps they met then.

I would like to know what Randy Newman sang.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Both from Detroit? Glenn also sang on NEITWBY. Perhaps they met then.

I would like to know what Randy Newman sang.
    Indeed.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Momma Tee View Post
    I totally understand and respect that his family and close friends need their privacy to grieve and celebrate their loved one. He meant SO much more in their lives as husband, father, and dear friend. In a separate role, I believe that the fans need to be able to share in some form of memorial to acknowledge the huge impact he made on the "soundtrack of our lives". I totally agree that how the fans are feeling isn't a matter of importance at this time and shouldn't be a matter of concern. But, I hope they realize that we all feel his loss in ways we could never have imagined. With the lack of tributes in the media, Rolling Stone, the Grammys, etc, we need to hear SOMETHING moving about him! I know that I NEED to know that I'm really not crazy to feel this way. I would love to hear someone else close to him acknowledge that we are right to feel so devastated about this person we have never even met. I certainly don't mean to insinuate that his fans should ever be allowed to violate that inner sanctum of their private lives. I just hope they realize that the fans need to honor him and the impact he continues to have on our lives in some way too. I'm not suggesting a concert or memorial service necessarily. I would be happy to buy a dvd so I can cry in private too! Just my opinion.... :'(
    I would agree with you in this Momma Tee. I think you are expressing very well what many of us are thinking, but find too emotional to put into words.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP