Page 120 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1474

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Interview with Joe in Las Vegas where he is performing.

He talks about the 40th anniversary of Hotel California:
    The classic Eagles album “Hotel California” is coming out as a 40th anniversary deluxe edition this month, just in time for the holidays. How has the way you think about the album changed over the years? I think when it was done, after we spent just under a year working on it, we had lost our perspective on it but knew it was pretty darn good. We had no idea it was going to affect that many people. It was unheard of. We were amazed. It really turned into a big deal. I’m so proud to have been part of creating that album because a lot of musicians never get to experience that. “Grateful” is a better word. But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had. So that’s part of the big box. It’s great to watch. I can’t believe how young we are — I don’t even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think that’s the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.
    Also big news about an upcoming Eagles + Guests tour in 2018:
    You also played some Eagles shows recently with Vince Gill and Deacon Frey, Glenn’s son. Are you planning more? Yes we are. You know, we had to try. We didn’t know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glenn’s son said okay and stepped up, he’s 23 and he’s great. He doesn’t know he’s great but he’s great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and he’s a brilliant musician. So we rehearsed and I was really nervous about, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.
    ”Talking with the Eagles’ Joe Walsh, back at the House of Blues” Las Vegas Sun, Nov. 14, 2017

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had. So that’s part of the big box. It’s great to watch. I can’t believe how young we are — I don’t even remember being that young. But we played our asses off. I think that’s the part of the repackaging that makes it juicy.
    So Delilah, unless I read that incorrectly it reads as if there is concert video footage that is going to be included in the new release.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

" But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had."

Hmmmm, they've declared forever that they never saved anything and there was no vault! As if I really believed that!

And 50 shows next year? Wow!

Well, Joe, I hope you all enjoy it and anyone else that's going to go. I just can't and more than likely, never will. It's just not the same. I'll listen to my recordings from the past.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by East Texas Girl View Post
    So Delilah, unless I read that incorrectly it reads as if there is concert video footage that is going to be included in the new release.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
    TBH, I’m not sure what he means. It sounds like they found a “whole concert” (i.e. ‘77 Capital Centre) when they were making the documentary. But then he says it’s “part of the big box.” Maybe by “big box” he meant the HOTE dvd set. I am intrigued he said a “whole concert” which to me sounds like more than 8 songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    " But when we were doing the Eagles documentary, we went into the vault where we tried to keep everything and found a whole concert we recorded we didn’t even know we had."

Hmmmm, they've declared forever that they never saved anything and there was no vault! As if I really believed that!

Well, Joe, I hope you all enjoy it and anyone else that's going to go. I just can't and more than likely, never will. It's just not the same. I'll listen to my recordings from the past.
    I know Brooke, right. Maybe they forgot there was a vault!

Joe says 50 shows, Irving is saying a few stadium dates. So I’m guessing most of those 40-50 dates will be in arenas and such.

Thank you for your well wishes. I agree it’s not the same and never will be.

Stuck on the Border

That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. So Joe finally confirmed it.
    I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post

I am not surprised they want to keep touring but can not imagine what possesed them to book 40-50 shows next year. Jimmy Buffet who per Azoff they've been paired with for a couple of concerts in Colorado tours every year with between 20-30 shows booked. I last saw Jimmy Buffet in Honolulu in 2000, loved the show but just not a big fan. As for the Eagles I am at peace with saying goodbye in 2015 when I last saw them not knowing it would be the last time and relying on my record collection to enjoy.
    Last edited by Dawn; 11-14-2017 at 10:13 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    That long denied vault !!!! We all knew they had footage/concerts stored away. So Joe finally confirmed it.
    I bet there is tons more concert footage they have stored away, including that whole CC concert. I also bet they have film of the HOTE Tour. They apparently did record every concert to play back and study before the next show.

I could be wrong, but it sounds to me like Joe is talking about the Capital Center Concert released with the HOTE dvd. If I remember correctly, the CC concert was filmed as part of what was supposed to be a documentary on the band. It of course did not happen until 36 years later. JMHO, but Don and Irving have known about that vault since the day the first taped footage was placed in there.

I would guess most concerts will be at indoor arenas as stadiums are at the mercy of the weather. We are talking about three 70 year-olds who would have to possibly play in rain, heat and humidity.
    I think it'd be a serious blast from the past to see a recording of the entire CC concert, one of my personal favorites that's for sure!

I said I wasn't surprised the band would want to continue touring but never did I imagine they'd commit themselves to 40-50 concerts next year. Azoff pairing them with Buffet also not a surprise but now I'm wondering who else from his roster of classic bands and artists he may tap.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I think it'd be a serious blast from the past to see a recording of the entire CC concert, one of my personal favorites that's for sure!

I said I wasn't surprised the band would want to continue touring but never did I imagine they'd commit themselves to 40-50 concerts next year. Azoff pairing them with Buffet also not a surprise but now I'm wondering who else from his roster of classic bands and artists he may tap.
    I thought they might play a few shows but I didn’t imagine 40-50! I wondered if maybe Joe misspoke. It averages to about 3-4 shows a month, though, which doesn’t seem quite as much although I doubt they’ll be touring the whole year through. Plus he’s committed to at least 2 VetsAids shows a year

Banned

I recently enjoyed listening to No Man's Land a lot more than I ever thought I would, plus seeing New Year's Eve mentioned on the message board, inspired me to visit Joe's page on the IMDb (International Movie Database) and he's been featured on quite a few movies and TV shows over the last few years.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0909695/?...r_1#soundtrack

Fatboy Slim's Right Here Right Now has become a nice little earner for Joe.
    I wouldn't normally be interested in watching a documentary about Hugh Heffner but the uncredited inclusion of a number of James Gang tracks pricked () up my interest.

I'll be looking out for Rester Vertical and a few other recent additions too. There are no new Walsh tunes to enjoy though.
    Scrolling way down to 1978, IMDb has the following inclusion:

Top of the Pops (TV Series) (performer - 1 episode, 197 (writer - 1 episode, 197
    - Episode dated 3 August 1978 (197 ... (performer: "Life's Been Good") / (writer: "Life's Been Good")
    There's precious little film of Joe performing during the 70s. I've never seen footage of Walsh performing Life's Been Good before HFO. This'll be niggling at the back of my mind now until I find it

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

There's a brief news clip about Joe's former home in Montecito burning down
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5LKvFlAzLU&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

I hope they get these fires under control soon, it's so horrible.