Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: joe being inducted colorado music hall of fame

Banned

Default Re: joe being inducted colorado music hall of fame

At last Fogelberg's tribute album is on it's way!

I was convinced that the Barnstorm induction would take place at the same time as Fogelberg's. I aint so sure now

A TRIBUTE TO DAN FOGELBERG

The tribute CD featuring legendary recording artists performing Dan's songs will be released Thanksgiving week. There will be a concert on August 13th (Dan's birthday) that will combine a tribute to Dan with his induction into the Colorado Music Hall of Fame (we'll post more details when we have them.) Fellow inducties into the CMHoF will be his friends Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Jimmy Guercio of Caribou Ranch.
    http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

Banned

I'd like to see this confirmed on Joe's web page but Fogelberg's site is nudging towards a confirmation.

http://www.danfogelberg.com/news.html

The Colorado Music Hall of Fame class of Dan Fogelberg, Joe Walsh & Barnstorm and Caribou Ranch will be inducted on August 13th at Fiddler's Green Amphitheater! Advance ticket information coming in the June CMHOF newsletter.
    A Barnstorm reunion is really something to look forward to. It's my all-time favorite album.

In honor of Joe and Dan's induction on the 13th, here's a photo of them together.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Awe - Thanks Delilah ! Love Dan Fogelberg. He sure dose deserve the honor as dose Barnstorm.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I love Dan too.

A few years ago when my husband was working in Peoria, IL I went there for the weekend (lots of times!) and decided to look around town and try to find some "Dan" sites. I found the school where his Dad taught and a water tower that was to have been one of Dan's hangouts back in the day. There was a park and shop there too and I went inside the shop to ask about Dan. The clerk, about my age, didn't know who I was talking about! I couldn't believe it! Dan wrote songs about Illinois, for pete's sake! There was nothing commemorating him at all at that time! Now they at least have an annual tribute weekend.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Shocking! I'm glad they have the tribute weekend, at least!

It'll be exciting for Joe to play with Barnstorm again!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

This is a nice write-up about the induction, which includes Eagles associates Vince Gill and Bill Szymczyk as well as Barnstorm. Vince and his wife Amy Grant sang "Longer" and Joe is quoted as saying "I'd be working in a gas station if it wasnt for him," referring to Bill S. Garth Brooks sang another Dan song, "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" the original on which Don H and Randy sang backing vocals. Throw in Richie Furay and there's even more Eagleness in the air.

http://www.westword.com/music/colora...d-more-9366896

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border

Delilah - Thanks. Nice to finally see Dan honored and Bill too.

Ok. I didn't know Vince was there. I knew Garth was there because Joe posted a picture of him with Garth.

OK. I feel stupid, but I didn't know Dan sang Longer. I've heard of that song, but I didn't know that was him.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    This is a nice write-up about the induction, which includes Eagles associates Vince Gill and Bill Szymczyk as well as Barnstorm. Vince and his wife Amy Grant sang "Longer" and Joe is quoted as saying "I'd be working in a gas station if it wasnt for him," referring to Bill S. Garth Brooks sang another Dan song, "There's a Place in the World for a Gambler" the original on which Don H and Randy sang backing vocals. Throw in Richie Furay and there's even more Eagleness in the air.

http://www.westword.com/music/colora...d-more-9366896
    This appears to be the show that AXS TV is showing tonight, calling it Rocky Mountain Way. Airs at 10/9c. I don't know why they don't say it was for the Colorado Music Hall of Fame.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."