Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Songs you wished you could switch lead vocals

Default Re: Songs you wished you could switch lead vocals

Don't underestimate Glenn's range, especially a little later on, once his voice matured a little. He gets some good notes on some of his solo songs and you can always pitch songs down a little. I don't know that on OOTN, he'd have gone into the falsetto that Don does, but I think he could have made it a sexy blue-eyed soul song. When it was released, it was very much what was popular at the time. But I can hear Glenn doing it with a more soul feel that would probably have been wonderful. LOL.

"Wasted Time" wouldn't have been a problem at all. It's not that high. But it was well-suited for Don's particular style.

I'm still wishing it was "You Never Cry Like a Lover." Gawd. That would have been a toe-curler for me. Heheheh.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Don't underestimate Glenn's range, especially a little later on, once his voice matured a little. He gets some good notes on some of his solo songs and you can always pitch songs down a little. I don't know that on OOTN, he'd have gone into the falsetto that Don does, but I think he could have made it a sexy blue-eyed soul song. When it was released, it was very much what was popular at the time. But I can hear Glenn doing it with a more soul feel that would probably have been wonderful. LOL.

"Wasted Time" wouldn't have been a problem at all. It's not that high. But it was well-suited for Don's particular style.

I'm still wishing it was "You Never Cry Like a Lover." Gawd. That would have been a toe-curler for me. Heheheh.
    Glenn really didn't sing lyrics like WT or especially YNCLAL, but he could have sung OOTN. He probably wouldn't have done all the falsetto stuff which goes on for too long in my view.

I would have killed to have the band release like both of the greatest hits albums with some smaller hits but only with different lead vocals. That would have been so cool. I Would have also loved to hear all seven of the guys doing harmonies together. SBR could have been simply divine if they had everyone. Henley, Randy and tim doing three part harmonies up top with Glenn with bernie or joe in the middle with joe/bernie with felder at the bottom would have been something to hear