Page 294 of 301 FirstFirst ... 194244284290291292293294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 2,931 to 2,940 of 3010

Thread: Eagles Mentions in the Press (2006 - 2017)

Default Re: Eagles Mentions in the Press

Quote Originally Posted by eagles557 View Post
    My uncle in Seattle sent me this article in the Seattle Times regarding The Eagles playing Safeco Field on September 30th. Good read!

http://www.seattletimes.com/entertai...ing-his-place/
    Thanks for the link, Eagles557. FYI, this was posted on Don Henley's press thread. A moderator can correct me if I am wrong but I believe this sub-forum is for the Eagles from 1971-2016, based on other posts that were moved to other threads.

EDIT: note to moderators--perhaps a new thread for this kind of information/news can be posted under "Eagles Guests" ?
    Last edited by Delilah; 09-18-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Thanks for the link, Eagles557. FYI, this was posted on Don Henley's press thread. A moderator can correct me if I am wrong but I believe this sub-forum is for the Eagles from 1971-2016, based on other posts that were moved to other threads.
    Okay, thanks for the info. Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post

EDIT: note to moderators--perhaps a new thread for this kind of information/news can be posted under "Eagles Guests" ?
    Good question and one I hadn't really thought about, but I think since this is a Don interview, his press thread is the appropriate place. We can just do it by who's in it. If it's Vince Gill or Deacon Frey getting interviewed, then it gets put in the "Guest" forum.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Interesting feature including various Eagles about the music they were doing before they were famous.

http://bestclassicbands.com/rock-sta...dings-9-26-17/

Wow, thanks for the article Philh. With the exception of Randy's "You Send Me", I hadn't heard any of these before, even though I knew they were out there. That doesn't sound like Don Henley at all, lol! I guess the writer forgot about Joe and the Measles, or maybe couldn't find enough about them.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    Interesting feature including various Eagles about the music they were doing before they were famous.

http://bestclassicbands.com/rock-sta...dings-9-26-17/
    Wow! Is that Glenn singing lead on the Mushrooms song? In a faux English accent?! Amazing.

I loved every pre-Eagles track. Seems like their primary influences were Beatles and Byrds.
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 09-27-2017 at 11:23 AM.

That was really interesting - and yeah, Glenn's voice on that sounds so weird if I hadn't been told it was him, I wouldn't have recognized it. I blame Bob Seger!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Just saw not only are the Eagles with Vince and Deacon going to be playing the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville on October 29th, but they're getting a limited Eagles station on Sirius XM in November and will broadcast the Opry performance and more. It's big they're playing the Opry as it's usually only for those in the country music scene and shows how they've played a part in country music.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/e...rt-1202577506/
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    Just saw not only are the Eagles with Vince and Deacon going to be playing the Grand Ole Opry in Nashville on October 29th, but they're getting a limited Eagles station on Sirius XM in November and will broadcast the Opry performance and more. It's big they're playing the Opry as it's usually only for those in the country music scene and shows how they've played a part in country music.

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/e...rt-1202577506/
    WSMonline.com always airs the Opry live, so hopefully this will also be the case for those of us who do not get Sirius. Many rock stars have played the Grand Ole Opry. There are two shows each Saturday, with guests usually performing 1 or 2 songs on each, but some only play on one show; as I would guess would be the case. There's not really a bad seat, and they (used to anyway) let you walk up to the stage and take a picture.
    As Vince is a member, he will likely be hosting the segment on which they appear. It's a shame it doesn't air on GAC/CMT anymore.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I have Sirius, but yes, WSM always airs the Opry on their website. I'd love to go, since I'm only 2 hours from Nashville, but I don't see it happening. I'm sure it will be a great show. Something about the atmosphere at the Opry House seems to bring out the best in artists. I'm equally certain there will be a LOT of Eagles fans in the house.

It's really a wonderful tribute to the whole band, and their body of work. Many, many country artists are huge Eagles fans and they will receive a warm welcome from the audience and other artists alike.