Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going solo!

Default Re: Going solo!

Zelda, although I quite understand where your hesitation might come from (I guess I might be your type of person), I would definitely go for the concert. There's nothing better than to immerse in a live music. In fact, even if you go with somebody, in the end you experience every note by yourself. Then, who knows, maybe you'll get to know somebody interesting who shares your musical taste!

"I gotta get up, get out, get on that road and go one more mile "

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I would go alone and have a couple times. Usually my husband goes, but those times he couldn't because of work.

I had a great time both times and you don't have to worry about doing what the other person wants to do. You can do whatever you want! I got to meet other like minded people too and enjoyed talking with them.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I'd go alone, my husband doesn't understand my love for music. He's a old fuddy now. But since he's an info/history buff he knows more about musicians/bands than I do. I know more about the songs.So it's a good mix..

So Put Me On A Highway And Show Me A Sign
    And Take It To The Limit One More Time..............

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As for the "no fun being alone", it is nice to socialize with people before and after, but if I'm paying the $$ to go to a concert, there best not be any conversation during the concert!

What there"s no conversation during eagles concerts"
    In my best tom hanks voice like, " There's no crying in baseball"

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I go alone ALL the time now except for the occasional EAGLES adventure with my fellow Borderers. My friends are not going to spend the kind of $ I do for a great seat. Sometimes my sister or my best friend will go but now 90% of the time I go alone. It is a great opportunity to meet new people.

Z - I saw KWS a couple of years ago when he opened for Joe W. If you have never seen him perform, do NOT pass up this chance. He is awesome!! Joe said he was Jimi Hendrix reincarnated.

And VA can tell you that I was all by my lonesome at Glenn's NYC Town Hall show. Until I met her & HH!!

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Deb and as they say the rest is history........

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

As you all know, like FP I have travelled alone to see Glenn and the Eagles on my own, although there has always been the promise of meeting other Borderers. Still if I liked any singer/ band enough I would go Solo no problem. In fairness my husband will go whether he likes the artist or not. But bottom line, I would not miss a gig because I had no one to go with!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

I remember all my friends being shocked and dismayed when I went to Vegas solo to see the guys on my 50th birthday. I guess a combination of Vegas not being a typical solo destination and the fact that it was a big milestone birthday. However...there was only one front row ticket, so... I'm so glad I went. I had a great time and while I've seen the guys many times since then, I still remember it like it was last night.

I guess because I've had to travel so much for business, the traveling alone part is no big deal to me at all.
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Between my Eagles and Fleetwood Mac fandoms, I can usually find someone who's going to the same show I am. On the rare occasions where that doesn't happen, though, I'd rather go by myself than miss out.

Outside those fandoms, I often have to go by myself because my local friends aren't into classic rock. I've seen Jackson Browne, JD Souther, and Jack Tempchin by myself.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

i would go alone if no-one else wanted to go lol