Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

It's an Easter tradition for me to watch Ben-Hur. Just finished it. The move is 55 years old but still so moving!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I have never seen Ben Hur...why haven't I seen it? Is it good? I know it's a classic, but I don't know anything about it. I get it confused with Lawrence of Arabia! I'll get it from Netflix...

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthyme View Post
    Has anyone seen August Osage County? After seeing it I really think Meryl should have gotten the Oscar but oh well.

What I am really wondering is did anyone catch the JD and the Straight Shot mention near the beginning? When Julia Roberts is being woken up by her daughter to answer the phone a radio is playing in the background and the DJ intros a song by JD and the Straight Shot... just wondering who knew whom in that movie to make that happen.
    WT, I have not seen the movie yet, though I intend to, but I did see JD and the Straight Shot in LA and he mentioned about 15 times during their set that their song was in the film!!!! Gotta be an Irving connection.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I have never seen Ben Hur...why haven't I seen it? Is it good? I know it's a classic, but I don't know anything about it. I get it confused with Lawrence of Arabia! I'll get it from Netflix...
    It's a great film, set in the Middle East in Biblical times, starring Charlton Heston as the Jewish aristocrat Judah Ben-Hur & Stephen Boyd as the evil Roman soldier Messala. It takes place during the period of Jesus' ministry & the end is tied up with the Crucifixion, which is why it is popular at Easter.

Border Desperado Brooklyn Roads's Avatar

I was watching The Ten Commandments last night. I know it's biblical, but man, everyone is so good looking in it, your mind tends to go elsewhere. Yul Brynner, can't you wear a shirt in any of your movies? Darn you and your sexy chest!

Border Desperado

I saw the movie Jersey Boys this weekend with some friends. I really liked it!

I had always wanted to see the musical but it seemed like it was never around long enough for me to get my act together and get tix! Going to see it in NY would be super expensive so I kept hoping the musical would come back around here again. I was so excited to learn that they were making a movie!

I only knew a few songs that Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons sang, before I saw the movie, so I learned a lot more about their story and their music!

I recommend it if you get a chance.

I just watched the movie Revolutinary Road starring Leo Decaprio and Kate Winslet. It's a very deep movie about a couple in the 50's trying to find out what makes them happy in life. It's good but like I said very deep.
    I love those two acting together. They remind me of the Bogie/Bacall duo

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zanny Kingston View Post
    I saw the movie Jersey Boys this weekend with some friends. I really liked it!

I had always wanted to see the musical but it seemed like it was never around long enough for me to get my act together and get tix! Going to see it in NY would be super expensive so I kept hoping the musical would come back around here again. I was so excited to learn that they were making a movie!

I only knew a few songs that Frankie Valli and the 4 seasons sang, before I saw the movie, so I learned a lot more about their story and their music!

I recommend it if you get a chance.

I saw it last week with a girlfriend and we loved it.
    I too had never gotten around to seeing the play (hubby didn't want to go doesn't like their music) so when the movie opened my GF and I went and did a girls night out. It was good and we had a blast .

Border Desperado

TT- so glad you liked the movie and had a blast with your friend. Sometimes there is nothing better than a girls night. I feel so blessed to have a couple of really great girlfriends to get together and go out with.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ View Post
    I just watched the movie Revolutinary Road starring Leo Decaprio and Kate Winslet. It's a very deep movie about a couple in the 50's trying to find out what makes them happy in life. It's good but like I said very deep.
    I love those two acting together. They remind me of the Bogie/Bacall duo
    Did you really like it? I thought it was the most depressing movie I've ever seen! I guess that goes to show what good actors they are. I really hated it. Isn't it funny how two people can see the same movie and have such opposite feelings about it?