Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite TV Shows

Default Re: Favorite TV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanny Twisted View Post
    I so love avery and yep he softens Juliette and she needs not to be so threatened by Scarlette ( little wounded bird that they have turned her into)
    I loved it when she said that he had her heart and that scared her so volunerable.
    they are doing a Nashville roadshow where the actors will sing live.

They are coming o the tower theater in upper darby pa got a ticket alert

I so love this show and how bout rayna and luke ??
    I really like Avery too. And Deacon. I'd like Rayna and Deacon to get back together although I feel sorry for Teddy. I want Gunnar to stay with Zoe(y).

Would love to see all the actors do a show together.

SS
    xx
    http://pistoriusontrial.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/who-put-story-in-pistorius-my-thoughts.html

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Is anybody else watching The Voice this season? I am having a hard time picking a favorite. Though I am cheering for the kid from LaPorte TX since that is near here.

One of the contestants on The Voice, Kat Perkins just sang Landslide. She did a good job. However it goes without saying that nobody can sing it like Stevie. I think it was very courageous of Kat to sing the song. She is on Adam's team and Adam said it was a perfect, beautiful song, one of his favorites and he wanted to hear it sung by Kat.

Adam has good taste in music! That's a song that requires a really emotion-laden vocal. Did she pull off that aspect, or just hit all the notes well?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I've watched it on and off. Definitely Kat is my favorite. Her cover of Magic Man (Heart) the other night gave me chills. And I'm a HUGE Ann Wilson/Heart fan.

I missed Landslide last night but I was out and about and then I went to bed early. I'll try to YouTube it.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I LOVED Kat's cover of Magic Man! Kat is definitely a rocker! Just my opinion but I liked that cover better than the Landslide cover. Landslide was an emotional song for her as she explained in the rehearsal. Kat said she really identifies with Stevie especially the time period when Stevie wrote Landslide. Kat is holding down a job while she is trying to break into the music biz & like Stevie at the time contemplating on whether to continue with music or not.

Austin - let me know your opinion if you see it.

Just watched it.

I agree HB - I liked it but it wasn't deep enough IMO. She'd been better off doing one of Stevie's more "rockin'" numbers like Gold Dust Woman or Edge Of Seventeen (my personal fav Stevie "rock" tune and one I love to play live when I have someone to sing it!).

On the other hand, Magic Man gave me chills and she nailed it. It would be cool to hear her sing more Heart songs, or perhaps some Pat Benatar (Heartbreaker comes to mind) or even Joan Jett.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I just watched The White Queen miniseries (based on Phillippa Gregory's novels) and I was entertained. While it certainly wasn't 100% historically accurate, it still was well-done and I think series like that inspire people to learn more about medieval England.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I just watched The White Queen miniseries (based on Phillippa Gregory's novels) and I was entertained. While it certainly wasn't 100% historically accurate, it still was well-done and I think series like that inspire people to learn more about medieval England.
    I thought it was fairly well done, too. Have you read any of the books?

I've read The White Queen and The Red Queen, and am working on The Kingmaker's Daughter. I've bought The White Princess to read afterwards.

I'm worried I won't like the latter, though. Making her fall in love with Richard III was the series' biggest narrative misstep, I believe. I hope she doesn't spend too much of the book mourning him.