Page 84 of 148 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

CBS aired a special about the top 50 best Superbowl commercials last night. The 2013 Budweiser commercial won. It about a farmer and a Clydesdale horse and their reunion. The song, Landslide, plays throughout the commercial.

https://youtu.be/uiJqzdOr4Ok
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    P.S. Does anyone know of an address where one can write to members of the band? It may be an exercise in futility, but I'd like to try to get Chris' autograph. I'm hoping it will bring me good songwriting mojo.
    Well, I know that Stevie doesn't accept items to be autographed, but I'm not sure about Christine. I don't know of an address for her, but you can try her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Christine-M...08215/timeline - best of luck. Let us know if you're successful.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

that is one gorgeous house... wow

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, I know that Stevie doesn't accept items to be autographed, but I'm not sure about Christine. I don't know of an address for her, but you can try her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Christine-M...08215/timeline - best of luck. Let us know if you're successful.
    Thank you, Soda!

OT: how adorable is this photo...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

No response from her FB page yet.

If all else fails, I guess I could write her c/o Azoff's company. Same as the Eagles, I believe.

FRONT LINE MANAGEMENT GROUP, INC.
    1100 GLENDON AVE STE 2000
    LOS ANGELES, CA 90024-3524

How I wish they would announce some dates. I've never needed it more!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Love there's a Fleetwood Mac thread!!! They're another I grew up with and I just adore Stevie Nicks (as does my Mom which irritates my Dad to no end LOL). I'm so happy I got to see them two years ago when they came here. Such an amazing concert. Though does make me sad I never got to see the Eagles or Glenn live and since my family almost went in the early 2000s. But I'm very happy my Mom, aunt, and I did to see Fleetwood/Stevie and also how my Mom and I saw Paul McCartney too a couple years ago. Totally going to have to go back through this thread.

LOL bf145! Why does your dad not like Stevie?

I love Stevie Nicks and FM.

Stuck on the Border Jonny Come Lately's Avatar
    Watching the hazy sun sinking in the sea in England

I had a really pleasant FM-related surprise a couple of days ago when I was having lunch. I was eating in a burger bar where they always play music, if you go at quiet times they actually tend to play some decent music, I've heard a few Johnny Cash songs there, and a bit of the blues, but if it's busy as it was then it's usually contemporary pop rubbish (don't mean to offend anyone but I just don't see the merit in this stuff). It was much the same this time until one song started and I thought I recognised the music - I think it was the bass line that I first noticed - I then heard a few lyrics, and a voice I knew very well...

'Well did she make you cry, make you break down...'

I realised it was Fleetwood Mac with Gold Dust Woman! I was delighted and it really made my day. It then went back to playing the sort of music I hate but for those 4-5 minutes it was glorious, absolutely loved every second of it.

I haven't really mentioned it that much on this forum but the importance of FM's music in my life's soundtrack simply cannot be overstated - I've known the songs from Rumours for longer than I can actually remember, and the 2 CD Very Best Of album I was given for Christmas in 2010 really got me into liking music. It's so funny for me reading Soda's posts about the band because just like her I got into FM well before I got into the Eagles.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    LOL bf145! Why does your dad not like Stevie?

I love Stevie Nicks and FM.
    I really don't know for sure as he's never really said. He loves some Fleetwood Mac songs (I think he liked Christine LOL and he's a huge Tom Petty fan and liked their duet, and of course Don Henley, Joe Walsh and the Eagles) but there was something about Stevie he just never liked. My guess is possibly because my Mom was such a huge fan and then me that he heard her too much. My brother is similar sometimes if I go on and on about whatever I'm a fan of.