Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CenturyLink, Omaha, NE - 9/05/2014

Default Re: CenturyLink, Omaha, NE - 9/05/2014

Obviously I figured it out, LOL. It isn't much but thought I'd throw it up here.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    It was great to meet Cynd, and I'd like to thank her for scoping it all out ahead of time! It was great to meet Kate and Keith, too! Keith, looking forward to seeing you in NYC!
    Great to meet you, VK! I had dinner with the couple beside you. He got my attention before the show, held up his index fingers, mouthed eleven, and pointed at you, indicating how many shows you had been to. I figured that might be you, so I came over. Glad you had a good time. It was a great show, but I did have to deal with some nonsense. A good portion of the 2nd row was still empty at 7:55, and we were in the aisle seats. They finally come in, sat down, but then left again, seconds before show time! My favorite song on this tour is the Glenn & Don duet on Saturday Night. It was great to have 4 or 5 people climbing over me in the middle of it. This sat the tone for traffic the rest of the evening. If it wasn't them, it was security climbing over me to get to them for cell phone use (at least 3x). If all I wanted to do was drink beer, urinate, and play with a phone, I'd stay at home. Must have money to burn. End of rant. We will look for you in NYC, VK. You'll have to look back to see us on row 15 in C. 10 days!

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    Keith, I'm sorry I missed the chance to meet you. You were already headed back to your seat when I got Section B before the show started.
    Hi Cynd. I'm sorry as well. Maybe another time. It's funny, one of the Hilton employees talked about being offered a bribe for Eagles info. After reading some of your Omaha posts, I wonder if he was talking about you!

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    . We will look for you in NYC, VK. You'll have to look back to see us on row 15 in C. 10 days!
    I'm center section, row 5 in NY, but I can't remember the seat number. I can't get into Ticketmaster, so printing the ticket will be a challenge. Guess I'll be on the phone with customer service this week!

Looking forward to meeting you and maybe having a real conversation! The folks beside me told me they'd sat with you at dinner. I was surprised that you figured out who I was!

PEW is setting in, so I'm glad it's only ten days til the next one!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for your reviews everyone! Sounds like another wonderful evening with the most fantastic American band EVER!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Hi Cynd. I'm sorry as well. Maybe another time. It's funny, one of the Hilton employees talked about being offered a bribe for Eagles info. After reading some of your Omaha posts, I wonder if he was talking about you!
    Keith, I stayed at the Hilton but I didn't try to bribe any of the staff. Didn't have to...I spent time talking at length with some CenturyLink security people on Thursday afternoon and they volunteered plenty of info, like what time the band was expected on Friday, which entrance they'd be using and pointed out where to stand on the Riverwalk to get the best look! They also told me that the Roadies were staying at the Hilton. Two convention groups in the house made it easy for those guys & gals to blend in although I picked a few of them out Thursday evening when they were coming back to the hotel from the arena. BUT I fought the urge to corner them and play 20 Questions (which would have morphed into 520 Questions)!
    I just need a little downtime.........