Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Northern Illinois University

Default Shooting at Northern Illinois University

A gunman opened fire in a lecture hall. Currently, they are saying five fatalities including the gunman and at least 14 injured.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23171567?GT1=10856

I pray for the students and their families. Hopefully, those in critical condition will pull through.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this, Soda. My thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the victims of this tragedy, as well as the injured and their families and friends.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

I just heard about this on the Today show this morning. It makes me worry about everyone I know who is on a college campus. Why do these senseless shootings continue to occur? I am also praying for the victims and their families.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just can't understand these people that do this. What a terrible tragedy. All of the victims are in my thoughts and prayers, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

How sad this is. This senseless acts sure strikes home as it conjures up memories of the Va. Tech tragedy. The victims and their families have my deepest sympathies.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

That's just awful. On the news here they suggested it was the fourth such incident this week. It seems there are some sick kids out there who seem to feel such horrendous action will somehow make them renowned. There has been a spate of suicides in Bridgend, in South Wales, which some experts have suggested is a way of achieving fame on Facebook and Myspace, by the number of goodbye messages from their friends. It's almost as if they think they'll be able to read them themselves. So sad.

My condolences to their families of all those killed and injured. Is it time there were more strict gun laws in the USA?

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

These attacks are becoming way too common. My hubby teaches at a University - it really makes you think. I don't really see there is much they can do to stop an attack on a sprawling University campus. It's scary.

It's really sick when my son, who is in the military, seems safer than students at university. My daughter (high school freshman) was afraid to go to school yesterday because the day before some kid in her seminar class lost it and picked up a desk and threw it. My daughter ran and hid behind the teacher when the kid started going off. (Good sense of self preservation. lol) But seriously. These kids have their whole lives ahead of them, how can they have so much stress that they crack like this?

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    Is it time there were more strict gun laws in the USA?
    In a word: "Yes!" I, too, am saddened by this news. I'm so tired of hearing stories like this. It's senseless and I always feel a dreadful sense of hopelessness and helplessness whenever something like this happens.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

My thoughts and prayers are with the families of those killed and injured in this latest attack. Unfortunately these are indeed becoming more common, and there is little universities can do to prevent them.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP