Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New cover song

Default New cover song

Don and Vince will be part of a tribute album for Elton John that will be coming out on April 6th. They will be two, but Don and Vince will be on Restoration album. They will sing Sacrifice.

http://949therock.com/elton-john-tri...ge-and-others/

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Default New cover song

Don has teamed up with Vince to cover the Elton John song Sacrifice on a new Elton tribute album. This is released on 6th April.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/elton...ribute-albums/

Border Desperado

Default Re: New cover song

I wonder if this song will make it's way into the Eagles setlist at any point?

I find it strange that they're doing a tribute album to Elton John now...he's still alive. I really can't imagine Henley and Vince doing a cover of Elton, but what do I know...

This is off-topic, but Elton's best, in my opinion, is his work from the early 70s, his first few albums. Elton and Bernie Taupin are such a talented songwriting team.

Don and Elton have history together. Don sang on one of Elton's albums and they've been at charity events together.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Don and Elton have history. Don sang on one of his albums and they've been at charity events together
    Really? Which album did he sing on? I've lost track of Elton's more recent work.

I still find it strange that they're doing this now, when he's still alive.

For tribute albums, you don't necessary have to be dead to have one. Jackson Browne had a tribute album a few years ago (which Don also sang on) and he's very much alive. Heck the guys had a tribute album in 1993.

The album was called Duets that came out in 1993 and they sang a song called Shakey Ground.

I don't know what the history is with Vince, but I know Don was at Elton's first American show and Don singing a duet with Elton.

Here's that song Shakey Ground. I actually didn't know this song was originally sung by The Temptations.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7RmLBclBM[/ame]
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 03-16-2018 at 04:33 PM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    For tribute albums, you don't necessary have to be dead to have one. Jackson Browne had a tribute album a few years ago and he's very much alive. Heck the guys had a tribute album in 1993.

The album was called Duets that came out in 1993 and they sang a song called Shakey Ground.

I don't know what the history is with Vince, but I know Don was at Elton's first American show and singing duet with Elton.

Here's that song Shakey Ground. I actually didn't know this song was originally sung by The Temptations.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am7RmLBclBM

I hadn't heard that before, but really enjoyed it. Off to the download store...

As for the Don H/Vince recording ... I think this is potentially huge. While things are being taken slow, if Don decides he enjoys recording with Vince, then perhaps he'll be thinking of what next...

Stuck on the Border

I feel I should point out that Don, Glenn & Tim sang backup vocals on the song White Lady, White Powder (and yes, that's what the song is about) from the 21 at 33 album. I'm sure people remember the Eagles supported Elton at that huge Wembley show & he joined them on stage at the Forum in 1980, I think.

Sacrifice is one of my least favourite Elton John songs so I am in no hurry to hear this version. (NB: Because of the SONG).

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I feel I should point out that Don, Glenn & Tim sang backup vocals on the song White Lady, White Powder (and yes, that's what the song is about) from the 21 at 33 album. I'm sure people remember the Eagles supported Elton at that huge Wembley show & he joined them on stage at the Forum in 1980, I think.

Sacrifice is one of my least favourite Elton John songs so I am in no hurry to hear this version. (NB: Because of the SONG).
    I didn't know that. I do remember seeing a picture of Elton with Glenn and probably the other guys too. I'm a fan of Sacrifice either. There's a lot of Elton songs I don't like. This song will probably pop up on YouTube so I probably will hear it there.