Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

I hate to see it go, but I enjoyed it. Now its back to listening to Pandora and IHeart Radio full time during the day. I didn't miss hearing other songs in between. IT was so nice hearing 5 to 8 Eagles songs an hour instead of 3 or 4 songs an hour with other songs (that has nothing to do with the Eagles) in between. I did enjoy the Family Tree since it was relate to the Eagles.

I even heard IN The City one last time last night. For the road. I'm not going to miss hearing it five times a day. I am IN The City wore out. I only heard it once today. I didn't mind the repeats. Local radio station repeat a lot of songs during the day so this was no difference. I'm use to listening to Eagles music all day, everyday. Listening to their music gets me through the day.

I notice today on my Don Henley Station on Pandora that they played a lot of songs they rarely or don't play anymore on there. They are starting back playing the LROOE album and I am so happy. And they put the whole LROOE album back on IHeart Radio to listen to.

I was thinking about Deacon too. I wonder why they didn't ask him to do a Guest DJ show. I would love to hear the stories and memories of his dad. I also want to know what are his favorite Eagle songs and what other songs he like that are not Eagles songs.

I think they will it back later down the road. We haven't seen the last of the Hotel California channel. If they can bring back Billy Joel's channel a lot of times, they will bring back this channel.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I miss the station as well. I have gone back to listening Randy's solo music and Eagles music that I downloaded to my phone during my working hours. If they do bring the station back it will probably be after my free trial runs out.

It seemed it was pretty popular. It certainly seems it would be more popular than a Billy Joel channel (no offense to Mr. Joel). They could always give it new spot on the dial if they wanted to have both. I wonder how they make such decisions.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It seemed it was pretty popular. It certainly seems it would be more popular than a Billy Joel channel (no offense to Mr. Joel). They could always give it new spot on the dial if they wanted to have both. I wonder how they make such decisions.
    Huge Billy Joel fan here. He was my first real concert and I could basically listen to Scenes From an Italian Restaurant on a loop. His channel comes and goes and this is the first time I've had Sirius while the channel has been active. So far, I've loved it. Billy seems much more active with the channel than the Eagles were with their's. They play clips quite frequently of Billy talking about his inspiration for various songs, which I've enjoyed.

While I love the Eagles, I was disappointed in how quickly I got bored with the Sirius channel because I felt it was just too repetitive. (They could've delved further into the guys' solo careers to prevent this.) It didn't help that David Fricke sounded bored out of his mind reading the between song tidbits, which they seemed to repeat the same handful of over and over. More guest deejaying by Timothy, Don & Joe would have been great.

Perhaps Sirius will do the periodic thing with the Eagles Channel the way they do with the Billy Joel channel. Maybe even alternating them?

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I am definitely missing the channel on my drives to and from work. I heard so many songs I would have never heard! Great songs by other artists and the Eagles! I had to replace the channel so I chose Pearl Jam radio (sorry Billy Joel) - Eddie Vedder is in my top 3 or 4 list of male singers. Pearl Jam has had their own Sirius channel for years, which I assume they pay for. It is live concerts from around the globe, 1990s to present. Imagine if we had that from the Eagles!!! It's like Pearl Jam simply doesn't care about missed opportunities for monetizing this footage or the occasional off-note singing live. (although its amazing how Eddie sounds almost exactly the same live as on the recorded versions most of the time).

Pearl Jam fought against Ticketmaster's service charges in order make concert prices more reasonable for fans, to the point of testifying before Congress and only playing non-Ticketmaster venues. The Eagles have been so closely aligned with Irving and his ticketing companies its like they're intertwined.

Strange that two of my favorite bands, both selling scores of millions of albums, both in the R&RHoF, both pre-internet, handle things so differently. None of this makes me like or respect the Eagles any less, it's just an observation of an interesting contrast in band philosophy because I had to change my Sirius channel haha. I've made it known on here that I support the Eagles getting whatever ticket prices they can! But, I also think Pearl Jam are so cool for how they've handled things.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Pearl Jam has had their own Sirius channel for years, which I assume they pay for.
    Oh gosh, really? I never even considered that was a possibility. I was assuming it's the same as old-fashioned radio except of course subscription-based rather than advertiser-based.

I hazily recall that Pearl Jam was always fine about fans recording their concerts, even back before the Internet was a thing.

NMB - I honestly don't know. How does an individual band get its own branded station on Sirius? Sirius already has the Lithium channel, described as 90's alternative/grunge, which PJ would obviously fall under. But on that channel, we wouldn't get back-to-back-to-back live shows.

Based on the current lineup, the other Sirius stations branded currently as bands/individuals are:

Beatles
    Elvis
    Bruce Springsteen
    Billy Joel
    Grateful Dead
    Tom Petty
    Ozzy
    Garth Brooks
    Kenny Chesney
    Willie Nelson
    BB King
    Eminem

Maybe Sirius reaches out to partner with these entities, and maybe that's what they did with Pearl Jam.

Border Rebel

Jimmy Buffett concerts are also played live on Sirius Radio Margaritaville almost every weekend during the spring and summer. Hubby and I are big fans. The channel is great with lots of music besides Buffett- Beach Boys, Eagles etc. The concert on April 14th in Orlando is one that is listed as a live broadcast. It would be great if the Eagles joined him for a song or two!

They're playing Jimmy Buffet's performance opening for the Eagles live (or parts of it)? Wow...very cool.

Border Rebel

Yep. I assume it will Jimmy's entire concert, it generally is when they broadcast them live.