Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Default Re: Eagles Radio Sirius Channel 30 November 17, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    There is a version of a few of these songs I heard from a concert at Holy Cross College in Mass. in 1973. The concert was audio only on you tube. However, I don't know if it is still on there.

SS - Outlive DH - cracked me up !

I really don't know what Don's problem is with going into that vault and releasing some or all of the material. I for one would love to hear/see it.
    Yeah, it's still up there. I'm sure there's very little chance that he's going to approve the release of material he considers "not up to Eagles' standards."

One more thing - a perhaps more official title for "Wait and See" is "Oh Darling"

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I think he said one reason he likes it was because it's so different from other Eagles songs. I think he used the phrase "non-Eaglish" (or something similar).

For good or for bad. I'd prefer something more Eaglish!
    Amen, girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    Yeah, it's still up there. I'm sure there's very little chance that he's going to approve the release of material he considers "not up to Eagles' standards."

One more thing - a perhaps more official title for "Wait and See" is "Oh Darling"
    Ah, but how we'd eat them up as bonus tracks on a re-release....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    On the Border: I forgot to add that they did this song with Glyn Johns, but decided to redo it and make it a R&B, Temptations call and response song.
    Bridge vocals (originally titled "Borderline"):

first line - Glenn
    second line - Bernie (in his normal voice, not in his bass range)
    third and fourth lines - the whole band in unison

Not quite as good . . .

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post

At the show I was at Glenn introduced it as two songs combined into one as "Oh Darling" and "I Am A Sinner."

I just played Who Owns This Place from The Color Of Money. I actually sat down and listen to this song, but its soo 80s. LOL But I like it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I just heard an audio clip of Ronnie Dunn (the other half of country group Brooks & Dunn) talking about the Eagles.

Him and Slash had a little brief audio clip on the channel.

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

I just heard an audio clip of Ronnie Dunn (the other half of country group Brooks & Dunn) talking about the Eagles.

Him and Slash had a little brief audio clip on the channel.
    I have heard both of those clips as well, Shun. Slash said his son's favorite song is New Kid In Town.

I thought that was cool that Slash's son favorite song is New Kid In Town. The kid's got great taste. LOL

I thought that was cool that Slash's son favorite song is New Kid In Town. The kid's got great taste. LOL
    Yes, he does!

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

I heard Brownstone's version of ICTYW today, it's good!

And for the love of g*d can someone tell me why they keep playing Bill Wyman's Monkey Grip Glue??!! I mean, I like the Stones as much as the next person, but Wyman's solo songs? Did anyone hear a backstory about this one?