Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from North Carolina

Out on the Border

Default Greetings from North Carolina

Hello everyone,

I just joined this message board today and I'm happy to have found it. I bought the new LROOE cd when it first came out at the end of October. I listen to it almost every day, and was thrilled to hear that it was 11 times platinum and the best selling cd of 2007. I have been an Eagles fan since the 70s and have never tired of listening to their songs. They are truly timeless. Even though the band has gotten older, they still sound great together, and I hope we can expect more new stuff in the future!!

Debbie

Hi AHC

Welcome to the Border! I'm glad you've joined us

I know what you mean about listening to the new cd constantly; I do the same.. for me I find myself especially listening to the first disc a lot!

Out on the Border

Hi there Timfan and thanks for the welcome. Yes, disc 1 is also my favorite. It makes me feel young again!!!

Hi Debbie! As one aging hippie chick (love your username, BTW) to another, welcome to the board!

I have been an Eagles fan since the 70s as well. I also have been listening to LROOE constantly since it was (conveniently) released on my birthday last October. I can't say I love disc one more than disc two, though--I have favorite songs on both!

Dana

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome from me too, AHC. We are glad you found us and hope you have a good time here on The Border. I am another one who has been a die hard Eagles fan from the very beginning. But, they just keep getting better and better, don't they? I keep playing both discs from LROOE over and over, but still can't decide which one I like best. I am also your neighbor from Virginia. This is a great place to learn a lot about the band and to have a lot of fun. Enjoy yourself!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Hey there and a big WELCOME to the board from me! Glad to have you! Disc 1 is definently my favorite as well, but I do have a few on disc 2 that I really like as well.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Welcome from me too.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Welcome from me, too, Debbie! I've also been a fan since the beginning of the Eagles. Aren't they just the greatest?! Glad you found us!

I've been listening to the new cd pretty much constantly since it came out, too, but I really can't decide which disc is my fave either. I like songs on both.

So, do you have a favorite Eagle?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Hey Debbie! Love the name!

I think I prefer Disc 1, although there are great songs on Disc 2 as well, so it's a close race. I change 'em out in my car regularly, where both get heavy rotation!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hi Debbie! Love the name too! Welcome from me in Dublin. Hope you enjoy posting on the board and sharing your Eagle love with other like minded people! By the way, do you have a favourite Eagle or do you just love 'em all?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP