Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: RIP Tommy Nixon

Out on the Border

Default Re: RIP Tommy Nixon

Hi folks, I'm late to join in, but I'm Tommy Nixon's cousin. Wondering how to see the photos of him you guys have been speaking of. I called him on his birthday 2 years ago and that was the last I spoke directly to him, but he was a sweet guy. One of my brothers who was closer in age spoke to him around the holidays. I think he would have been about 71 years old. He was with "the guys" since Linda Ronstadt days when I think they may have opened for her? I was a young kid, so the details are sketchy, but I do remember a Ronstadt connection. Anyway, im on my phone, so maybe that's why I'm not seeing the photos, but any assist would be appreciated.

I'm sorry for your loss. I only met him briefly, but he seemed like a really nice guy.

The reason you can't see the photos is that earlier this month, the service that was used, Photobucket, started charging $400 to display photos. Thus, they are no longer visible, since no one wants to pay that. Your best bet is to contact the person who posted them via private message.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Out on the Border

Thanks a bunch! Shame on Photobucket...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Welcome, JNK. I went ahead and uploaded the photo to imgur so I could post it here for you. I didn't really know Tommy, but I had met him before and he did seem like a sweet guy with a really good sense of humor. I was so sorry to hear of his passing, but I bet he and Glenn are happy to be reunited. They were best buds for many years.

And I don't think anyone ever identified the gentleman on the left - I believe that is Danny Grenier, Glenn's long-time friend and lead guitar player in his solo band since the 90's.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Out on the Border

Thank you so much! Good to see him. 😊

Out on the Border

Thank you so much! Good to see him. 😊 So funny, when he was younger, he looked just like his dad (and mine), but in his later years, he looks much more like our grandmother and her people. I appreciate the upload.