• Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I find it offensive that you are putting your words as if they are written by me. Please remove.

You are free to disagree with me and place your own views but to represent them as coming from me is wrong.
    I agree UTW. It is extremely bad netiquette to edit someone's post in that manner. Please edit or delete your post, travlnman2. If you don't, then it will be deleted.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I will delete it and apologize if it offended you but what I added was true but it not appropriate to add it in your quote. I should have said it in a original post.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

So the choice is between someone who has been inept when using technology and someone offends large numbers of people every time he opens his mouth and who has maintained his personal wealth while taking his companies into bankruptcy on four occasions letting lenders, suppliers and employees take the hit?

One you can address by ensuring she has the support that will allow her to do her job without such errors in the future and with the other, the finances of the country are controlled by a different part of government but how do you gag a president?
    Trump has actually declared bankruptcy six times.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ared-bankrupt/

Most Republicans and some Democrats believe that Clinton knew what was doing with the emails. I honestly don't trust either of them.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border

It's a bad situation when you have to decide who is least bad out of two bad candidates.

When I get despondent, I remind myself of how worried I was in the 80s when Reagan was elected and started his "Strategic Defence Initiative". It seemed like we were heading for a nuclear war and yet, by the end of the decade, we saw the end of The Cold War and the fall of the Berlin War.

So the choice is between someone who has been inept when using technology and someone offends large numbers of people every time he opens his mouth and who has maintained his personal wealth while taking his companies into bankruptcy on four occasions letting lenders, suppliers and employees take the hit?

One you can address by ensuring she has the support that will allow her to do her job without such errors in the future and with the other, the finances of the country are controlled by a different part of government but how do you gag a president?
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Exactly.
    So what 6 times out of 5,000?

Hillary caused the death of 4 Americans in Bengazhi is paid illegally through a charitable foundation for speeches in foreign countries. She also can't handle classified information and can break the law and get away with it

To me that's more dangerous then someone who hurts your feelings.

My .02

Trump also ranks more in trustworthiness the Hillary who is the first presidenatal candidate to not pass a basic background check

As usual the media gives her praise unbelievable.

I was a Bernie supporter (anti-Hillary)... Out of a country with 330 million people, THIS is the best we can do?

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon View Post
    Do you really think Trump doesn't lie and can be trusted? This was shared by a reputable source on fb.

Save
    I'm afraid your source fell for a lie.

http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/

I hate it when people make memes like this. If a person dislikes Trump, they can certainly find plenty of real reasons. Why do these meme makers feel they need to make up lies? It happens all the time. I've gotten to the point where I trust none of the political memes shared on Facebook - my default for "damning" quotes or statistics shared via photo meme is "probably made up or at least distorted."

DD, you are not the first - or sadly, the last - to believe that the quote was real. Several of my friends have shared it on Facebook. However, it's a good idea to double check whenever a quote sounds "too good to be true" (the reference to Fox News from a quote supposedly made in 1998 is a red flag; the channel was around then, but not very well-known). I use Snopes.com; they've very good about verifying memes.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I usually avoid discussing politics here, but this election season is unlike any I’ve seen in my lifetime. It is very sad that Americans do not seem to have a good choice of two qualified and credible candidates. I, for one, think the exchange of ideas between the left and the right are healthy conversation and ultimately make us a stronger, better nation when we are able to come together and take what’s best from each side. But, this kind of rational debate is sorely missing from our national conversation in this election.

I find Donald Trump’s fearmongering rhetoric to be offensive, ignorant, dishonest, and extremely divisive. To be honest, he was probably never going to get my vote because I have never been enamored with his huge ego or previous claims that President Obama was not born in the United States of America. So, if he doesn’t lie, then it must be true that Obama was never eligible to run for the office and is an illegitimate fraud???

But, early on in this election cycle, Trump could have gotten my respect by offering thoughtful and practical solutions to America’s problems. However, after listening to him for the last several months, I am outraged by most of what comes out of his mouth. But, out of all his ridiculous remarks and actions, and there are many, I think I was most offended and disgusted by these …

• Making fun of a handicapped journalist
    • Saying that John McCain was not a war hero
    • Generalizing about Mexicans being rapist
    • Calling our military a disaster

To me, some of our president’s most important responsibility is to be a role model, to give us hope, and to lift us up - mission not accomplished by any of those remarks. I can say with conviction that Donald Trump does not represent conservative values of the Republican party as I know it, which, of course, is why many conservatives are not supporting his candidacy. As a matter of fact, he doesn’t represent American values as I know them either. With the exception of native American Indians, we are all descendents of immigrants in this country. If Donald Trump’s ideas on immigration had been in practice when this country was first founded, none of us would likely be here. Then when he proclaims that he alone can fix America’s problems, I am appalled. IIRC, we fought a war a couple of centuries ago to become independent of monarchy and dictatorship. There is no way that I want a man with these views representing my country and I absolutely would never trust him to decide whether or not to send one of my loved ones into combat.

I will share my views about Hillary Clinton in another post because this one is already a lot longer than what I usually like to write.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    To me that's more dangerous then someone who hurts your feelings.
    To me, travlnman2 - this goes beyond "hurting your feelings". Not only is he rude and very un-presidential, he really is scary with some of his viewpoints and IMO, is unstable. I fear a lot more for America's future with him at the helm, than her. Again, she's not perfect but she has the experience and when it comes right down to it, I feel more comfortable with her having the nuclear codes than him. He truly is not only appalling, but he also really shows more and more every day why I think he's unfit to run this country (USA).

Obviously, we are polar opposites on this, which is fine. That's why we all can vote the way we want and support who we want. It's a beautiful thing.