11 34.38%
  • Governor Gary Johnson/ Governor William Weld

0 0%
  • Dr. Jill Stein/Unknown VP canidate

0 0%
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Default Re: US Election 2016 Poll and Disscusion

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    His delivery and demeanor reminds me of Bill Burr, and I did like the "straight shooter" part. However, I think Jeffries needs another lesson in U.S. history. All 4 of my grandparents, as well as their siblings and cousins were interned in camps during WWII. In short, it was completely unconstitutional based on due process rights, since the Japanese, as well as their American kids weren't charged with a specific crime. The Supreme Court screwed up big time on that one w/ Korematsu v. United States. I'm not saying that the registration of Muslims and their American kids is an optimal solution, but it's not nearly as bad as internment. I think a better solution is just keeping a very close NSA watch on them because let's face it, we're all monitored by them at a certain extent. If we're already doing that, great. I don't care what the gov't does to maintain our safety, as long as they don't imprison them w/o due process. If they do that, then I will support them and strongly oppose it.

And you know what a majority of Japanese-Americans did during this time? They proved their loyalty by serving in the military, and they were the most decorated battalion/whatever term in U.S. military history. I do acknowledge that there were others who weren't supportive of military service, but what do you expect? I'm glad that a majority did, but you can't expect full support. Unfortunately, the Muslim Americans have to be the big man, just like how the Japanese Americans toughed it out. If people believe that Muslims are easily radicalized in this day and age, then there's a problem with how we push American values and patriotism. It also insults them as a people because that means that the implication is that they're too weak minded or willed to resist joining a violent political/"religious" group.

Sorry about the long post. I just wanted to show that there was some historical precedent for this. Also, don't feel sorry for my family, since the gov't did apologize and award reparations during Reagan's and H.W. Bush's years.

Anyways, AG95, you're not going to be the only one that could vote in their first presidential election this year. I turned 18 in February, so unfortunately, I have the privilege to vote for Donald Trump, Gary Johnson, or write in Clint Eastwood who was mayor of Carmel in 1986. CA is already lost to the Democrats, so I don't care too much.
    It's the opposite for me in my state. I can't picture Georgia turning blue this year. Actually, I can't picture it turning blue at all.

Something needs to be done to keep a closer eye on Muslims who have shown signs of or are thought to radicalized. I'm not sure what the best method would be. I believe that this is much more serious of a matter than the Japanese during WW2. Times have changed and so has technology and weapons. I feel wrong for judging an entire religious group like that, but how can you determine who the Ok ones are? It's impossible, so some type of system of observance is needed that is of better quality of the current system.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Mmmm... Simon Kirke. Sorry, got distracted for a moment.

There's an editorial in the local newspaper this morning called "The Loneliness of the Pro-Life Democrat." I could write one called "The Loneliness of the Immigration Enforcement Democrat." I'm not a single-issue person, I also care deeply about the environment, which puts me in a difficult position. Trump is a bit of a madman (not in the fun sense of the word either) but the Dems have gone so far left with this open borders policy that I'm not comfortable voting for them. The Green Party does not want borders enforced either, and instead recommends that the U.S. "improve economic and social conditions abroad to reduce the flow of immigrant refugees." Oh sure, why not give all our money away

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Mmmm... Simon Kirke. Sorry, got distracted for a moment.

There's an editorial in the local newspaper this morning called "The Loneliness of the Pro-Life Democrat." I could write one called "The Loneliness of the Immigration Enforcement Democrat." I'm not a single-issue person, I also care deeply about the environment, which puts me in a difficult position. Trump is a bit of a madman (not in the fun sense of the word either) but the Dems have gone so far left with this open borders policy that I'm not comfortable voting for them. The Green Party does not want borders enforced either, and instead recommends that the U.S. "improve economic and social conditions abroad to reduce the flow of immigrant refugees." Oh sure, why not give all our money away
    Bolded part: Simon's birthday is tomorrow, so I felt the need to honor my second favorite musician some. (Plus, he's releasing a new solo album soon.)

Back on topic: I'm torn on the illegal immigrants subject. Having grown up around farming, I know that illegal Mexicans are the ones who do the hard work out in the fields. Without them, farms couldn't operate, at least not here. There are some who are legal, but not many. Here illegal immigrants do the work that most legal Americans feel is beneath them. They do the dirty work, and they do it for less than the minimum wage. Think about it: how many Americans would be willing and eager to work 10-12 hours a day in the hot sun without getting paid well? IMO, most illegal immigrants do a valuable service to this country.

I do wish that they would come over the legal way, but without them, the farms and plantations in southwest Georgia would fail because of a labor shortage.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Sure, but that's why we have a guest worker program.

Where I live, illegal immigrants are not just field workers, they're professionals. My boss at a newspaper where I worked was illegal. Over 40% of illegal immigrants are visa overstays.

And when you have sustained (I would use the word "uncontrolled") immigration, both legal and illegal, it dramatically changes the culture and the quality of life in that place.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Soda, I don't understand how Trump would be more of an embarrassment than Hillary. I know he has a loud mouth and he doesn't always think before he speaks but at least he didn't break the law. He is a business man who can help with trade deals, the economy, and the national debt. To me, it would be more embarrassing for America to ELECT someone who repeatedly lies to the American people and doesn't even care about the loss of American lives. How stupid would we look if we put Hillary in power when she can't even be trusted.

I'm also not understanding how people are saying that Trump only looks out for himself. He has donated to multiple charities anonymously so that he wouldn't get all the credit. He takes the time to listen to the common person and helps with whatever he can.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    Soda, I don't understand how Trump would be more of an embarrassment than Hillary. I know he has a loud mouth and he doesn't always think before he speaks but at least he didn't break the law. He is a business man who can help with trade deals, the economy, and the national debt. To me, it would be more embarrassing for America to ELECT someone who repeatedly lies to the American people and doesn't even care about the loss of American lives. How stupid would we look if we put Hillary in power when she can't even be trusted.

I'm also not understanding how people are saying that Trump only looks out for himself. He has donated to multiple charities anonymously so that he wouldn't get all the credit. He takes the time to listen to the common person and helps with whatever he can.
    Do you really think that Trump doesn't lie and hasn't broken any laws? Reports of some of his business deals say that they are shady at best and often harm others while filling his pockets. As a Canadian it even scares me that Trump might be elected.

Border Desperado SoaringRockyMountainWay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennLover View Post
    Do you really think that Trump doesn't lie and hasn't broken any laws? Reports of some of his business deals say that they are shady at best and often harm others while filling his pockets. As a Canadian it even scares me that Trump might be elected.
    How can Trump be more scary than Hillary though? Hillary's negligence got Americans in Benghazi KILLED.
    People talking about us they got nothing else to do. When it all comes down we will still come through in the long run.

Trump's comments today about Russia IMO just drives the point home that he is unfit to run our country and be commander in chief. To say he is a loose cannon is an understatement to say the least.

And here's our Joe's opinion on the matter.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-w...-donald-trump/

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by SoaringRockyMountainWay View Post
    Do you really think Trump doesn't lie and can be trusted? This was shared by a reputable source on fb.

Save
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...