Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Remembering 9/11

Well, It's too late for talking about six years after 9/11. My dad knew that from a friend that worked in one of the Twin Towers, and that he escaped in time from the Tower and from death.
    Remember when the days were long ...

MARCO

Default Re: Remembering 9/11

I'm reviving this old thread because today, again, it's the anniversary of 9/11. While we'll never forget that day, it's amazing to me to think that it's been eight years. Wow.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Believe me, I thought about it ALL DAY today. We boarded a plane in Las Vegas this morning and flew home to Wichita. Actually, it was one of the easiest adventures we've had at McCarren Airport in Vegas. They had more security lines opened up and it went really was "fast" getting through even though they had announced "Elevated Security" because of the anniversary.

There was one moment as we were backed away from the gate. We sat for 20 minutes on the tarmac while other planes went around us. I guess there was just a backup in late flights and they wanted to get the really late ones off by making a few who were ready on time or early wait and let the other "heavies" get in front. There was no problem.

MikeA

I was thinking about this today. My thoughts go out to everyone affected by this atrocity.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing -- and I'll never forget it as long as I live. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who was impacted, my gratitude and appreciation to the police, firemen and volunteers who came to serve, and to our entire nation that we were ever subjected to such an unspeakable event.
    I just need a little downtime.........

Funny. It seems like yesterday, yet seems like it happened 20 years ago.

I was facilitating a meeting for about 250 folks, and people started getting cell phone calls and texts...we had to tell the group what was happening and it was impossible. How do you make that announcement to your work collegues without breaking down in tears???

I was most worried about my (then) 7 year old and college student. I never felt so separated from them as that day.

The world has changed, and I don't ever forget what happened. My thoughts go out to those we lost, those who were heroes that day, and those who have fought and continue to fight for us.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It really has been a day of reflection. This is another one of those days in American history that will live in infamy, for sure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by cynd1231 View Post
    I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing --
    The same here! I will never forget this day!
    Last edited by Koala; 09-12-2009 at 03:33 AM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'll never forget it either. My prayers go out to everyone who lost someone in that terrible tragedy. And to our service men and women who are still fighting and working to keep our country safe.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I know Hole in the World is the Eagles song that most of us immediately associate with the 9/11 tragedy, but for me, the song that I choose to play in memory of the lives that were lost that day is Don's haunting and beautiful New York Minute. That song is so evocative--so expressive--in the way he writes about love and loss, and his gorgeous, world-weary vocals are perfect.