Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Explosions at Boston Marathon

Default Re: Explosions at Boston Marathon

I've been to Boston a number of times. My husband has family there & he went there annually for vacation until recent years so it does hit close to home.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Once again, no words seem adequate as we go through another senseless tragedy. My heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.

Just an aside, but I definitely don't subscribe to any 'inside job' theories.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

It's been a bit surreal around here the past few days. I live an hour north of Boston. Thankfully, I didn't know anyone who was there, but it's very strange knowing something like this happened in a place where you walk several times a year.

Really sick. What's the world coming to?
    ~Sara

Stuck on the Border Henley Honey's Avatar

Considering their rivalry, it may be an unprecedented event but I thought it was very telling that the NY Yankees put the Boston Red Socks "B" Red emblem on the side of Yankee Stadium saying "United We Stand". Gotta Love It.

Quote Originally Posted by Henley Honey View Post
    Considering their rivalry, it may be an unprecedented event but I thought it was very telling that the NY Yankees put the Boston Red Socks "B" Red emblem on the side of Yankee Stadium saying "United We Stand". Gotta Love It.

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

I am in the Cape Cod area of Mass and what has happened in Boston was heartbreaking (in fact, had an Autism induced breakdown when this incident compounded to an already bad year for me so far). Being a Bay Stater for just about my whole life, this incident has gotten me so angered that I don't watch TV anymore apart from music things and baseball.

Now I read online what those whacko far right lunatics Glenn Beck (the Mormon Moron (not that I'm bashing Mormons cos I'm not)) and Alex Jones (who sounds like he smoked a carton of Camel unfiltered and needs to go to an asylum ala One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) saying Obama (who I don't care for) staged the bombings and the problems with guns, in Texas, religion and will now declare martial law and live in a Police State. Jonesy and Becky are the far right equal to Billy Boy Maher (a George Carlin wannabe) who once said "terrorists flying planes into Twin Towers was bravery and Americans were cowards" and Garofaho who spread their leftist agenda and their hatred on people who choose to believe in God/Allah/Buddah/Christ.

It's sons of b*tches like the three aforementioned on why I'm apolitical and find that politics and politicians are crooked, greedy, f****d up, boring sacks of monkey**** (pardon my French). I don't mean to vent it's just times like these I wish I was back in another place and time.
    How I wish, how I wish you were here.

The three surviving Pink Floyd members (Nick Mason, Roger Waters and David Gilmour) and the Pink Floyd co-founders and key figures who have gone to their rest (Richard "Rick" Wright, "Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett and longtime manager Steve O'Rourke (who managed the band until his 2003 death, God bless them all).

Border Desperado AstraeaLunaAvani's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tjrrockandrollmaster View Post
    I am in the Cape Cod area of Mass and what has happened in Boston was heartbreaking (in fact, had an Autism induced breakdown when this incident compounded to an already bad year for me so far). Being a Bay Stater for just about my whole life, this incident has gotten me so angered that I don't watch TV anymore apart from music things and baseball.

Now I read online what those whacko far right lunatics Glenn Beck (the Mormon Moron (not that I'm bashing Mormons cos I'm not)) and Alex Jones (who sounds like he smoked a carton of Camel unfiltered and needs to go to an asylum ala One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) saying Obama (who I don't care for) staged the bombings and the problems with guns, in Texas, religion and will now declare martial law and live in a Police State. Jonesy and Becky are the far right equal to Billy Boy Maher (a George Carlin wannabe) who once said "terrorists flying planes into Twin Towers was bravery and Americans were cowards" and Garofaho who spread their leftist agenda and their hatred on people who choose to believe in God/Allah/Buddah/Christ.

It's sons of b*tches like the three aforementioned on why I'm apolitical and find that politics and politicians are crooked, greedy, f****d up, boring sacks of monkey**** (pardon my French). I don't mean to vent it's just times like these I wish I was back in another place and time.
    Alex Jones isn't a rightist, he's the complete opposite of Glenn Beck. He also agrees that polititians are crooked, greedy, and fucked up. That is also why I don't consider myself anything anymore, it's all a joke. What you said about Obama is right, only he's just a puppet, who is really behind it goes back MUCH further than him. There is so much information out there for people who actually research this and dont just believe what mainstream media shoves down our throats. They're trying to make us scared and give up even more of our power and freedoms to them. I could go on all day about this but I gotta get to work now!

Out on the Border tjrrockandrollmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AstraeaLunaAvani View Post
    Alex Jones isn't a rightist, he's the complete opposite of Glenn Beck. He also agrees that polititians are crooked, greedy, and fucked up. That is also why I don't consider myself anything anymore, it's all a joke. What you said about Obama is right, only he's just a puppet, who is really behind it goes back MUCH further than him. There is so much information out there for people who actually research this and dont just believe what mainstream media shoves down our throats. They're trying to make us scared and give up even more of our power and freedoms to them. I could go on all day about this but I gotta get to work now!
    Give me the Red Sox and Monty Python and I'm happy.
    How I wish, how I wish you were here.

The three surviving Pink Floyd members (Nick Mason, Roger Waters and David Gilmour) and the Pink Floyd co-founders and key figures who have gone to their rest (Richard "Rick" Wright, "Roger Keith "Syd" Barrett and longtime manager Steve O'Rourke (who managed the band until his 2003 death, God bless them all).

Some special "sports" moments in the wake of this tragedy

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KXHN-ETDig[/ame]
    Boston Bruins first game since the bombing. The soloist begins the national anthem but is quickly overtaken by the fans singing in unison.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN807-wxPW0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN807-wxPW0[/ame]

At the New York Yankees baseball game they also played Sweet Caroline in tribute to Boston (Traditionally this song is played at every Boston Red Sox game )