Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Default Re: Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    It seems this kind of thing happens more and more in this country, but I don't hear about much of it from other countries. Are your gun laws much different?

I agree there is no reason that I can think of for these assault rifles to be sold to just anyone. They should only be available to our military. But is this what he used? It says he used two hand guns also. I really don't know what the answer is, but I hope they figure out something before this happens again.
    The weapon used was a military assault Bushmaster AR-15 rifle. I'm not sure of the magazine capacity but probably high number of rounds per minute.
    He also had with him 2 handguns, one he used to kill himself when the cops came, and another shotgun. They said he had enough fire power to murder every child in that school, which they believe was his intent until he was interrupted by the quick response of the police. All these guns were legally purchased by his mother & in her name.

This school had a very advanced security system in place, as well as a plan for if the school is under attack. Most schools in the tri-state area now have a plan in place & taught to the teachers & practiced. The school was totally locked up at the time. He entered by shooting out a window & came in that way.

Here is a story of how one man helped some children that escaped the gunman & landed in front of his home,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...6pLid%3D247018

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Ok did anybody see the 26 acts story on msn by anne curry
    you should do 26 acts of kindness one for each soul lost in conn.
    I kinda like that idea ...what do you guys think??

TT, I didn't see that but it does sound like a nice idea.
    Last night The Voice paid a beautiful tribute to the victims. Please watch..Very moving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IO64urOFNaY

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

I've been trying to do it.
    i went out and bought little santa ornaments with peoples names on it I work with and wrapped in candy celephane bags and stuffed in the stockings (small ones) I have up at work for all the coworkers .
    I even found the childrens name of a difficult oworker and put them in her locker from "secret santa".
    She came up to me later with a smile on her face and she said Thanks I know it has to be you.
    So, its hard to do but I am trying to do the right thing.
    One coworker wound up with a patient whoasked her to wait while he used the restroom and walk him back cause he thought he would get lost.
    She smiled when I reminded her she did her one good thing towards her 26 and smiled when I told her.
    I LOVE THE IDEA

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

I have been meaning to post this since I thought it so touching. Last month on NBC news, they interviewed some of the families touched by the Newton CT shootings in December. They asked Bill Sherlach, whose wife Mary was killed during the shootings, how he was getting use to life after. He said it seemed surreal, flying down to Washington DC on Air Force One, sitting by the window and all he could think about was how he would rather be home with Mary in the kitchen, cooking dinner & dancing to the Eagles. It broke my heart. I hope these families are starting to heal. It will take a long time.