Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Michigan

Well I already said hi and welcome in another thread, but I wanted to make it "official!" Welcome to the board! So good to have another Eagles/Henley fan in the mix! As you can probably tell, I'm a HUGE Don Henley and obviously the Eagles. I live way up in ND so I've never seen any of them in person dang it.......I need to move to Nashville Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Welcome from me too, Katherine. You're so lucky that you got to see Glenn in concert. This is what never happens to me because I live in Germany. I know he was here once (I think it was 1992 ) but at this time I wasn't a huge Eagles fan. If I only had known!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Hi Katherine! Welcome from Ireland (Dublin)'s rep on the board. I was always familiar with the Eagles more popular music having also been a child in the seventies and grown up in the eighties, but it was only 18 months ago when I came 'face to face' with the boys (ie I saw them play in Dublin) that I really fell for Glenn Frey (Hard!) and became an avid Eagles / Glenn fan. You were so lucky to see him live in concert. I sincerely hope he comes this way again to play.
    I'm delighted you found the board and hope you have a great time sharing our favourite band. Enjoy!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Welcome Katherine, one of the Privileged Few who has seen a solo Glenn show, my ultimate Eagles related ambition. You're going to love it here on The Border.

Welcome from me, too, Katherine! I am thus far the only Border representative from South Africa. I have been an Eagles fan for just over three years, but saw them on DVD for the first time 10 months ago ("Hell Freezes Over") and they completely bowled me over! I fell deeply in love with Glenn , and I have since managed to collect almost all his solo music as well as almost the entire Eagles catalogue! It probably won't be long before I venture into Don Henley territory, and start ordering his solo albums as well. Eagles' solo albums are hard to come by here, so I have to order everything , and wait an awfully long time for it, too! I love your AV, by the way - that must be when Don was singing "Get Over It" in HFO!

I must admit - the first thing I thought about when I saw your location was that you're from the same US state as Glenn ! How I envy you that you've seen him in concert as a solo artist, as well as The Eagles during the HFO tour AND three Don Henley concerts! I dream of at least just ONE visit by the boys to South Africa, as they've never been here!

I hope you have a great time with us on The Border!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down