Thread: Stevie Nicks

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Have fun FP!

I absolutely love Stevie.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Have fun FP!!! Her show I went to was great back in March.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Looking forward to your review, FP!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Well, I had a good time, but I honestly think the Pretenders stole the show. They were excellent. Chrissie Hynde still has an amazing voice. Great to hear Thumbelina & Middle Of The Road from Learning to Crawl, and Hymn To Her which is a superb song.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-p...-4be35bb2.html
    This is Stevie's setlist (I assume Adelaide was the same as Sydney which hasn't been added yet:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/stevi...-73e35a0d.html

Kudos to her for doing some deep cuts, most of which I didn't know. I was pleased to hear Outside The Rain, Bella Donna & The Wild Heart & it was certainly interesting to hear a Buckingham Nicks song (Crying In The Night). Stand Back was dedicated to Prince; I had no idea he played on the song. Obviously Stop Draggin' My Heart Around with Chrissie was a high point, as was Edge Of Seventeen. But for me the absolute standout was the magnficent Gold Dust Woman, a song I can never hear enough. I had to leave when the encore started so I missed Landslide, unfortunately.

An interesting snippet is that one of the backing singers, Lori, couldn't make it, so was replaced with a woman Stevie referred to as Marilyn Martin. I wonder if this is the same Marilyn Martin who duetted with Phil Collins on Separate Lives?

My only complaint was that she talked far too much. While her stories were interesting, you don't remember them afterwards. She told one story she said she'd never told an audience before, and of course now I don't remember what it was.

I paid a lot of money for the hospitality package for which I got a laminate & a drinks holder, which I then lost. It was nice being able to stand around & have a few drinks for free, but it meant I never got near the merchandise. I also wasn't in the first four rows as I had thought I would be, but just behind. I had a great seat. But I don't think I would pay that sort of money for anyone again, except for Mark KNopfler, and I think if he comes back he would play a bigger venue.

Sorry this isn't more detailed; I guess I thought the 2011 show was better.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-07-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Thanks for sharing, FP! I'm sorry that you lost a few of your stuff. Lol, that you forget Stevie's stories.

It's ok, Lindsey threw a little joke about that when Christine was telling the story of how Buckingham McVie came to be. Lindsey usually tells it, but I guess he handed it to Christine to switch it up a little bit. "Still way shorter than some other people we know."
    https://youtu.be/5FGBi09hF5g?t=2m48s

Do you prefer bigger venues? I mean, I like the smaller ones, since you don't have to be so far away and the tickets are hopefully not as prohibitively expensive.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    Thanks for sharing, FP! I'm sorry that you lost a few of your stuff. Lol, that you forget Stevie's stories.

It's ok, Lindsey threw a little joke about that when Christine was telling the story of how Buckingham McVie came to be. Lindsey usually tells it, but I guess he handed it to Christine to switch it up a little bit. "Still way shorter than some other people we know."
    https://youtu.be/5FGBi09hF5g?t=2m48s

Do you prefer bigger venues? I mean, I like the smaller ones, since you don't have to be so far away and the tickets are hopefully not as prohibitively expensive.
    It depends. This was my first visit to the ICC which is relatively new. I am more used to the old Entertainment Centre, which was bigger, & Qudos Arena where I will be seeing Paul McCartney. They don't have the intimacy of the State or Enmore Theatres which are old fashioned theatres as their name implies.

Thanks for telling us about your experience even in brief, FP. I am interested to hear about it regardless. "Outside the Rain" is actually something she didn't do here in the States, so I learned something there. I'm sorry your VIP package was a disappointment.

Did she say anything about Tom Petty?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Thanks for telling us about your experience even in brief, FP. I am interested to hear about it regardless. "Outside the Rain" is actually something she didn't do here in the States, so I learned something there. I'm sorry your VIP package was a disappointment.

Did she say anything about Tom Petty?
    Yes, before Stop Draggin', obviously, and pretty much the first thing she said after the first song was something about how Tom was rocking along with all of us. But there was more about Prince, including a montage of photos of him during Edge Of Seventeen. I also should have said that she looked beautiful as always, and sang superbly.

I just remembered that she wore the shawl she wore on the Bella Donna cover. Well I didn't know the history!

The package wasn't really disappointing, as I said I quite enjoyed the experience, but I felt it was somewhat overpriced, for what it was.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-08-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Can I ask how much the Stevie tickets cost?

I must admit that I myself simply don't go to concerts that cost hundreds and hundreds any more. It's just too much. I go to much smaller gigs where you can see the musicians and talk to them afterwards.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    Can I ask how much the Stevie tickets cost?

I must admit that I myself simply don't go to concerts that cost hundreds and hundreds any more. It's just too much. I go to much smaller gigs where you can see the musicians and talk to them afterwards.
    About $600 AU.