The Border: An Eagles Message Board

Go Back   The Border: An Eagles Message Board > Off-Topic Discussion Areas > Singing for the Sake of the Song

Singing for the Sake of the Song Discuss anything related to other music acts, artists, bands, etc.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:07 AM   #1021
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Stevie Nicks

Stevie in the New York Times today: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/ar...view.html?_r=0

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it sounds like she might be on the outs with, or at least nursing a grudge against, her FM cohorts. Rumor has it that she still is not contributing any new songs to the new FM album, which her three bandmates have been working on for some time now.
NightMistBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #1022
LuvTim
Stuck on the Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
Stevie in the New York Times today: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/06/ar...view.html?_r=0

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but it sounds like she might be on the outs with, or at least nursing a grudge against, her FM cohorts. Rumor has it that she still is not contributing any new songs to the new FM album, which her three bandmates have been working on for some time now.
----------------------

I enjoyed that little interview, such as it was. Thanks, NMB- she never disappoints, does she? Love that Stevie, whatever's going on.
It made me feel like popping over to YouTube and listening to a few tracks. The "Don't Stop" video that I chose included the USC Trojans marching band that usually plays on "Tusk." It was great, of course!

It's all in your smile that brings
All of the special things about you
LuvTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #1023
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

She's a charming and loveable lady. I want to kick anyone who's ever been mean to her. Respect the Stevie!
Old 09-07-2016, 06:13 AM   #1024
Annoying Twit
Stuck on the Border

I'm not sure about the reports concerning her engagement with FM. It was Stevie who worked hard to keep a line open to Christine. E.g. buying all her keyboards so that she could return them if Christine changed her mind. I'm hoping that they will work things out and there will be a new album.
Annoying Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:56 AM   #1025
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Oh my, I didn't know about the keyboards. Christine must have decided to completely walk away from music, not just the business.

In Mick Fleetwood's book, though he is careful in what he says, there is more than a suggestion that Christine was very troubled (depressed and possibly agoraphobic) in the 14 years or so that she was retired. She's such a wonderful lady, I really admire her.
Old 09-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #1026
sodascouts
Administrator

I want Stevie back recording with the Mac, but I'll take what I can get. I'll be going to the Atlanta show. It's on Glenn's birthday, but it's the only one that's feasible for me. Almost all my friends are going to other shows, and they're all doing VIP. I hate living in the South and I hate that I can't afford the VIP. Feeling a little sorry for myself tonight.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:39 PM   #1027
NightMistBlue
Stuck on the Border

Soda (or anyone else who may know), forgive the dumb question but I'm not experienced at doing the VIP thing. How do you know what each level will get you? I looked on the Ticketmaster site - which tells you the price of each level but not what you get apart from a seat in a range of rows. It doesn't tell you which if any have meet 'n greet.

Stevie Nicks site takes you straight back to the Ticketmaster site when you click on the various packages. https://www.stevienicksofficial.com/vip

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by NightMistBlue; 09-16-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #1028
Brooke

Location: Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Did you all see Stevie on America's Got Talent last night? She sang Landslide and sounded and looked amazing! She also was a big fan of the little girl that won, Grace Vanderwaal.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ne...-talent-praise
Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 10:35 AM   #1029
FWIW
Border Desperado

I saw it. What a talent girl! Here is a link to both performances:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5OR3ul9uCY
FWIW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 08:34 PM   #1030
sodascouts
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
Soda (or anyone else who may know), forgive the dumb question but I'm not experienced at doing the VIP thing. How do you know what each level will get you? I looked on the Ticketmaster site - which tells you the price of each level but not what you get apart from a seat in a range of rows. It doesn't tell you which if any have meet 'n greet.

Stevie Nicks site takes you straight back to the Ticketmaster site when you click on the various packages. https://www.stevienicksofficial.com/vip

What am I doing wrong?
Ticketmaster should have the levels spelled out. There will be no meet'n'greet. I believe that Gold is Rows 1-5, Silver is Rows 6-10, and Premium is Rows 11-20. I bought a "Silver" ticket. I wish I could get a Gold but without a meet'n'greet or even a dinner... I can't justify the cost. It's just the seat and a couple SN goodies like a tote bag.

Oh, and I saw her on AGT. She was lovely although the song choice was rather predictable!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten
sodascouts is offline   Reply With Quote