Page 14 of 125 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Yes, I somehow got the feeling that it was somewhat of a "tradition" for fans to migrate to the stage during "The Pretender". I would bet Jackson told the security ahead of time to let people walk up there. I noticed people were pretty good about not pushing and shoving-at least in the area where I was standing, which was pretty close to the stage. Everyone was just singing, dancing, and having a good old time. I loved it!

Talking Re: Jackson Browne

Thanks for the great review. I'm seeing him next Wednesday here in Los Angeles at the Greek and can't wait. I've gone to quite a few LA concerts the past couple of years and no one rushes the stage here. The Greek though is good about letting people in the Pit go to the stage so we will see what happens next week. I'm in the Pit-got my tix through the Guacacomle Fund so I'm good. Tix are tax deductible if anyone is interested. They still have some tix left for some shows. Here is the link:
    http://www.novoiceunheard.org/GuacFundTicketsJackson

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalWithASmile
    Last edited by carol7lynn; 08-04-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: typo

Carol-Lynn, Have a wonderful time at the JB concert on Wednesday! Please tell us all about it-looking forward to your review!
    By the way, I love that pic of you and Jackson-I once met him briefly last year, but didn't have time for a picture-he is a precious, gentle man.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Great pic with JB, CL! I would have died and gone to heaven right then and there!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Stars, I meant to ask you... what did you think of his back up singers? Weren't they great? I loved how Jackson really gave them moments to shine and showcase their talent.

Nice photo, CL!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

LTL, I agree, Jackson's back-up singers were awesome! So young and so very talented-it was great the way Jackson gave them their moments to shine! I thought they did really well with his older songs, and the new ones too-"Going Down to Cuba" and "Stay/The Load-out" really stood out for me, with regards to the back-up singers.

Thanks all. Five more days!

There is some kind of back-story about his back-up singers but I can't recall all the details. He hand picked them though I do remember that much because of some interaction he had with them when they were still teenagers.

And, yes he is very chatty in concert something I find a lot of singer-songwriters do. Kevin Cronin of REO Speedwagon, Don Henley, and Lindsey Bucingham are very talkative. I enjoy listening to them but a lot of fans eventually tell them to "shut up and play." Jackson is the most spontaneous though and will talk to the audience rather than at them.

I have no idea where I am sitting as we won't get our seats until the night of. I'm hoping for front row and will take plenty of pix/videos. The Greek is very good about that. I may or may not add San Diego-two hour drive for me on a school night (I'm a teacher.)

Last time I drove to San Diego (to see Fleetwood Mac in May) I had car trouble and had to spend the night. Can't afford another one of those trips. I was very lucky that night because there was a hotel and a car repair shop right across the street from the venue. I consider that my free pass for the year as I am not a very lucky person and don't necessary want to tempt the hand of fate. Jackson though might be worth the risk.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalWithASmile

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Did anyone catch the HGTV special he did a while back about his Green Extraordinaire house? They steadfastly refuse to reair it and my initial viewing was around 3am as a 1L so I question my recollection, but wasn't there a woman wandering around with him? I remember wondering who she was between admiring solar panels.

This time next week I'll be at the Zoo Ampitheater in Oklahoma City waiting for JB to come on stage. I'm soooo excited.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."