Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125 LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1250

Thread: Jackson Browne

Default Re: Jackson Browne

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    UtW linked to this article in another thread and thought it needed to be here too.

http://www.theartsdesk.com/new-music...jackson-browne

Great interview and he performs several songs at the bottom!

He just amazes me. Hubby and I happened to catch a part of a recent concert of his on AXS tv yesterday afternoon. Hubby asked me, do you think he was a depressed person when he wrote some of his songs? I don't know. He doesn't act depressed whenever you see him live or on tv, but how did he write about the things he writes about without being? And I don't get depressed listening to him, but it does bring me to tears sometimes, even to sobbing. Yet, I love listening to him......
    Thanks for posting this. Very interesting. About the depression, I think like you, that he doesn't seem like it, but he is so attractive as a man, I think, because he admits to feeling so deeply. JMO. Love listening to him, also.

Prior to the news about Glenn, Jackson Browne's web site lists concerts postponed due to "illness". I wonder if he is ill or if he did this to be with Glenn and Glenn's family.

Out on the Border

I played Looking into You today and just lost it. "It's a hotel at best, you're here as a guest/You oughta make yourself at home while you're waiting for the rest." amen.

I'm still trying to listen to Jackson Browne but only get the chance to do so in bits and pieces - but my latest discovery of his songs is 'Walls and Doors'.
    WOW!! What a song - it's pure Jackson Browne, I love it. This song, along with 'Late for the sky' should never be touched by anybody else as they could never do justice to them (I kinda like those songs )

But saying that, I still prefer Don Henley's version of 'Here comes those tears again' than Jacksons..... it's a more upbeat rockier version and has nothing to do with the fact that Don's voice is just so sexy on it
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Lacken, I agree Walls and Doors is a great song. My favorite!!! The lyrics are so beautiful. Love this man. My favorite concert after the Eagles

I just wanted to share a few videos I found on YouTube for Jackson Browne fans. Also, it's a small taste of Hawaiian music, and the genre is probably one of the most soothing things that I've heard. I really enjoy the genre, so you hear some ukulele and slack key guitar in Take It Easy. They're from 2005, and the benefit concert was organized by Jack Johnson. You could buy the songs on iTunes if you wanted to.

Browne isn't that prominent in this, but you could watch him and hear his backup vocals.
    Island Style - John Cruz feat. Jackson Browne and Jack Johnson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLuMbrLyrvM

Browne does get to sing Take It Easy with Cruz and Johnson. The 1st video is unlisted, so I sort of feel bad sharing it. The channel is from the official festival, so it's not a personal channel. It has some behind the scenes practice footage at the beginning and it then cuts to the concert footage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inCMeXAXhC4

The 2nd one is just the whole song but no footage.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vng8892RW9U

Forbes magazine recently had a nice write-up about Jackson and 5 other underrated musicians.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebal.../#123493387f8e

This video was making rounds on Facebook yesterday. This video was posted by Thomas(I don't know his last name. I know it starts with A)on Jackson's facebook fan group.

This is a great song. I don't know if anybody has heard or seen this video. I listen to the song and it is a great song. I've never seen the video or heard of the song until yesterday. The song was on Jackson's 1974 album, Late For the Sky, but I guess he made a music video 18 years later. Three special guest make an appearance in this video.

http://vimeo.com/138582820
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 11-21-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

Thanks Shun! Quite a nice group of back up singers! Henley, Fogelberg and JD?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Forbes magazine recently had a nice write-up about Jackson and 5 other underrated musicians.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebal.../#123493387f8e
    Delilah - Thanks for posting that article. Just me, but I never thought Jackson was underrated. He has always seemed to garner a lot of respect in the music industry. I would venture a guess he would say he is happy just the way things are - famous but not so famous he can't probably walk down the street in peace for the most part.
    I love Jackson and my sister's and I had that album way back when. God knows where it is now - lol ! I do think some of his music, especially the early stuff, was kind of depressing. Just MPO.
    I always loved Van Morrison and Bonnie Raitt too.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 11-21-2017 at 07:24 PM.