Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

Stuck on the Border VAisForEagleLovers's Avatar

Default Re: What should Don's tour for Cass County be like?

The Eagles do about 11 to 13 dates at a time over a three or four week stretch. I imagine that's to rest in between, especially to keep strain off their voices. Given that, I would expect Don to do the same. I didn't see an article about '20', but if CC is really going to be the album of the year, he's gonna need to do more than 20!
    VK

You can't change the world but you can change yourself.

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

I expect given Don's age that he would spread out the dates, so that he can be in top form at each show (hopefully, barring any illness).

ETA: maybe there's 20 already planned, and he'll go from there?
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

I've heard the mention of 20 proposed dates, too, but has anything leaked about guest artists coming along for the tour? Given that the new album is full of collaborations, I'd like to think maybe one or two, if not more, may accompany Don during the course.

Also, agree about the use of smaller venues. This is an opportunity to showcase his new solo material, and I think he would want a more intimate setting to do so than larger arenas.

For his wardrobe, I don't care what the man wears, as long as he dons a denim shirt!
    "You thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still."

Banned

I think the size of the venue depends totally on his ability to shift tickets. As Don's said, he hasn't got a clue what to expect and the bar isn't set high.

If Cass County gets a rave response Don will be lining up Arenas but I expect he'll dip his toe in the water with some small, low key dates to begin with and then see how it develops.

I think it was Don's pedal steel player who said he'd been hired for 20 dates.

If any of Don's guest stars are to regularly appear with him on tour, I'd expect there would have to be shared billing. I believe country music fans aren't as partisan as rock music fans but I'm sure Don would want to be in front of an audience that want to hear his music rather than somebody else's.

Has Don toured with jumbotron screens in the past? I only saw him before they were invented.

I'm trying to find the link of the article. I know I saw the link. Eagles Fastlane had the copy of the article, but they don't have the link.

It was in an Arkansas newspaper.

Here's the article. Go down to Music Man. The people might just saying things.

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2...r-filming-201/

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I really can't imagine any of those artists touring with Don. He might have one here and there as a guest on the song he did with them, but it won't be a regular thing. Most of these artists are too busy to tour with someone and only have one song to sing on.

It will be kind of a surprise thing when one of them shows up. Jmo

ETA: I went back and read F50's post. I guess shared billing might work. Dunno about that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Lacken101 View Post
    As long as Don plays in Ireland, I don't care what he wears (well obviously jeans and a plaid shirt (either red or blue )

I hope he keeps his hits like Boys of Summer, Dirty Laundry, Sunset Grill etc but that he also includes Talking to the moon and It don't matter to the sun - I absolutely love his version of it and I hoped he had recorded it for Cass County but it doesn't look likely

I think he will play about 6 or so songs from CC, and that might change as the tour goes on, depending on the reaction to the songs and the album.....

But the most important thing is Please Don, come to Ireland!!
    Well said, that would be magic!!!

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

I would hope Don returns to Atlantic City (obviously not the Revel) and do a show there. I could see him doing a show at the Borgata. I'm sure he will sing the songs he knows people want to hear, sprinkled with a few from Cass County.

Maybe with the country flavor, he'll do more dates in the south. I think Nashville's a given, but perhaps Atlanta, Little Rock, Birmingham, NOLA, and dear old Memphis would also be warranted.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten