Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Tour

Default 2018 Tour

Special thanks to Border member New Kid In Town for the heads up about the Eagles continuing to tour in 2018.

---------

One word answer? Yes,” the band’s longtime manager, Irving Azoff, told Best Classic Bands. Coors Field in Denver will be one destination, Azoff said, with “an Eagles/Buffett celebration up in the mountains there. We’re just talking about a handful” of stadium dates featuring the two classic artists.

Azoff declined to comment about a possible Eagles tour following the stadium dates, noting that the band is still in flux after the untimely death of co-founder Frey. Vince Gill and Frey’s son Deacon have stepped in to handle Frey’s vocals and guitar work to great acclaim. While live dates are planned, any studio recordings are unlikely.

“The Eagles are in an experimental phase,” Azoff said. “I look at is as not really an Eagles tour; it’s really a celebration of their music. We just kind of do things that feel right. I don’t know how long it’ll go. I don’t speculate there will be any (studio) recordings based on the public’s willingness to listen at this point. I’m not going to suggest it, anyway.”

http://bestclassicbands.com/eagles-t...sive-11-14-17/

More from same link

In an interview published in the Las Vegas Sun today (Nov. 14), where he has three shows at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay, Joe Walsh was asked about the group’s string of 2017 dates and whether the band would tour in 2018:

“Yes, we are. You know, we had to try. We didn’t know if we could do it, so we had to try. Glenn’s son said OK and stepped up; he’s 23 and he’s great. He doesn’t know he’s great but he’s great, and that really helped us spiritually. Then we got Vince Gill and he filled in that ghost voice in the harmonies, and he’s a brilliant musician.

“So we rehearsed and I was really nervous about it, but we played a couple shows and got great reviews and it just felt right onstage. It felt great. So we took a deep breath and recommitted and yes, next year we’re going to play between 40 and 50 shows. It sure feels good to play our music for people again, and they know the words better than we do.”
    Last edited by Dawn; 11-14-2017 at 10:30 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: 2018 Tour

Thanks again for bringing that forward Dawn. Well, interesting Irving says they will not do any recordings. However, I don't believe a word he says. Time will tell. Interesting he is now not calling it an "Eagles Tour". So, in all seriousness, would they be a tribute band ?

Though I know many on here don’t support the current iteration of the band, I’m Very happy they are continuing in 2018. I hope they come to Massachusetts so I don’t have to drive far but anywhere in New England would be great. Very excited

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Thanks again for bringing that forward Dawn. Well, interesting Irving says they will not do any recordings. However, I don't believe a word he says. Time will tell. Interesting he is now not calling it an "Eagles Tour". So, in all seriousness, would they be a tribute band ?
    I think he’s being honest because he isn’t ruling out recordings, he just doesn’t think there would be a market for it anymore.

I would get excited, but I'm not going to. Nobody cares. I'm just going to that to myself.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I would get excited, but I'm not going to. Nobody cares. I'm just going to that to myself.
    Shun, I believe there are a number of us who are excited. And there’s nothing wrong with being excited. This probably won’t be the thread to express that though. It’s just going to be a re-hash of 3.0 where the same dead horse will be beaten over and over. Which is why I doubt I’ll be posting here. I may start a thread in the Eagles Guest sub-forum at some point.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I hope they aren't being too ambitious 40 to 50 concerts is not an insignificant number of shows. Remember they only did 8 this year from summer thru fall.

The Jimmy Buffet pairing didn't surprise me. I am wondering who else they will team up with or if they are going to fly solo. Any ideas? Wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Shun, I believe there are a number of us who are excited. And there’s nothing wrong with being excited. This probably won’t be the thread to express that though. It’s just going to be a re-hash of 3.0 where the same dead horse will be beaten over and over. Which is why I doubt I’ll be posting here. I may start a thread in the Eagles Guest sub-forum at some point.
    Hey now. Is that really necessary?

Stuck on the Border

Shun - You have every right to be excited. I hope they come near you so you can see them. You do so much for this board and it is greatly appreciated.

I have no desire to rehash the same things over and over. I hope those who have never seen the guys in concert are able to go next year. Who knows how much longer they will keep touring. If they come near you - go and enjoy yourself !