Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Default Re: The Best of Timothy B. Schmit Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    I have not watched the video...I think it will probably nauseate me anyway...the song definitely sounds very 80's...It doesn't even sound like him to me...still don't know what I'm going to vote for yet...
    You do not want to see this video! Tim with a mullet, OMG I'm so glad I lost track of him in the 80's. This can't be my Poco guy! What was he thinking? The 80's was all bad hair, crappy music, ugly clothing! How did we survive??

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    You do not want to see this video! Tim with a mullet, OMG I'm so glad I lost track of him in the 80's. This can't be my Poco guy! What was he thinking? The 80's was all bad hair, crappy music, ugly clothing! How did we survive??
    WOW!!! Not everyone felt that way. There was some GREAT music that came out of the 80s. And personally, I didn't think the hair or clothing was that bad either at the time. It was just the style, just like the 70s had their own and the 90s had their own, etc... Timothy was doing just as everyone else was, changing with the times. Nothing wrong with that.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I have to agree with Willie here about the 80s, at least about the music. As a child of the 80s in the sense that it's the decade where I hit puberty, lol, there are MANY songs from that era that I adore. My favorite song of all time, "Gypsy", was released in 1982, and both Glenn and Don had their biggest solo hits in the 80s.

A sampling of some of my favorite albums from that era: Stevie Nicks' Belladonna, U2's The Joshua Tree, Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, Phil Collins' No Jacket Required, Billy Joel's An Innocent Man, R.E.M.'s Document, The Police's Synchronicity, Tears for Fears' Songs from the Big Chair, and I haven't even included anything from the big stars such as Michael Jackson and Madonna.

In fact, I love 80s music. Although my favorite bands are the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, if you turn on an 80s station, I'll be singing along with 9 out of 10 songs. If you put on a 70s station, maybe 1 out of 5.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    WOW!!! Not everyone felt that way. There was some GREAT music that came out of the 80s. And personally, I didn't think the hair or clothing was that bad either at the time. It was just the style, just like the 70s had their own and the 90s had their own, etc... Timothy was doing just as everyone else was, changing with the times. Nothing wrong with that.
    Well, to me that is Timothy trying to be a pop artist, (or someone trying to make him one) which I think was the wrong direction. I think the clothing styles were horrible, the giant shoulder pads, the bad perms, & I think the 80's were probably the worst times in music. That's my opinion, but the music just doesn't hold up the way 60's, & 70's music does. I don't even remember what I was listening to in the 80's. Maybe I'm glad I've forgotten.

I vote for Friday Night. It was on a loop on Tim's official site; I normally listen to music via headphones and I didn't the few times I visited..found this one very ordinary, a little banal actually! Doesn't do his voice justice to me!

Looked at some of the comments here..really can't stand the mullet, it doesn't suit him at all..so BNO doesn't do it for me either but it's pretty close to this one.
    I See what You see...

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I have to agree with Willie here about the 80s, at least about the music. As a child of the 80s in the sense that it's the decade where I hit puberty, lol, there are MANY songs from that era that I adore. My favorite song of all time, "Gypsy", was released in 1982, and both Glenn and Don had their biggest solo hits in the 80s.

A sampling of some of my favorite albums from that era: Stevie Nicks' Belladonna, U2's The Joshua Tree, Bruce Springsteen's Born in the USA, Bon Jovi's Slippery When Wet, Phil Collins' No Jacket Required, Billy Joel's An Innocent Man, R.E.M.'s Document, The Police's Synchronicity, Tears for Fears' Songs from the Big Chair, and I haven't even included anything from the big stars such as Michael Jackson and Madonna.

In fact, I love 80s music. Although my favorite bands are the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac, if you turn on an 80s station, I'll be singing along with 9 out of 10 songs. If you put on a 70s station, maybe 1 out of 5.
    Making Movies & Brothers In Arms, Tattoo You, Tug Of War (McCartney), So (Peter Gabriel), The Works (Queen), The Distance (Bob Seger), Trouble In Paradise (Randy Newman), Now & Zen (Robert Plant).

It was not all bad.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well I'm another one that happens to think there was some great memorable music made in the '80s, including Don Henley's The End of the Innocence album. However, I do give an edge to music of the 70's. IMO, the 70's was the best decade of all for great music. Also, my opinion, but, generally speaking, anything from the 1950's through the 80's beat the music from the last two decades.

Now, back to the game. This is going to be another gut-wrenching game for me. I think there are a few songs here that are weaker, but it's very hard for me to rank my Top 10 songs. Anyway, this round I'm going to go with one that has never done much for me, although I know a lot of folks like it ...

I cast my vote for Top of the Stairs.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    Well, to me that is Timothy trying to be a pop artist, (or someone trying to make him one) which I think was the wrong direction. I think the clothing styles were horrible, the giant shoulder pads, the bad perms, & I think the 80's were probably the worst times in music. That's my opinion, but the music just doesn't hold up the way 60's, & 70's music does. I don't even remember what I was listening to in the 80's. Maybe I'm glad I've forgotten.
    Yeah, I agree with you Topkat about Timothy...I know it was the music of the times, but I don't like to hear Timothy doing that kind of music...wonder how painful it was for him to cut his hair?...it's painful for me to look at...

Default Results for Round 1: No more So Much in Love

The first song to be voted off the island in the Best of Timothy B. Schmit Song Survivor is So Much in Love. “So Much in Love,” you're not so loved around here! It's time for you to go. Please leave the island immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
    So Much in Love – 6
    Boys Night Out - 5
    Make You Feel My Love - 1
    In Roxy's Eyes - 1
    Was It Just the Moonlight - 1
    Friday Night - 1
    Top of the Stairs - 1

Vote Breakdown
    So Much in Love - sodascouts
    So Much in Love - whitcap
    So Much in Love - Freypower
    So Much in Love - Victim of Love
    So Much in Love - timfan
    So Much in Love - Brooke
    Boys Night Out - SallyGee
    Boys Night Out - Prettymaid
    Boys Night Out - Topkat
    Boys Night Out - Koala
    Boys Night Out - zeldabjr
    Make You Feel My Love - UK TimFan
    In Roxy's Eyes - TimothyBFan
    Was It Just the Moonlight - GlennLover
    Friday Night - BramwenR
    Top of the Stairs - Ive always been a dreamer

Songs remaining:
    Boys Night Out
    Don't Give Up
    Down By the River
    Every Song Is You
    Friday Night
    A Good Day
    In Roxy's Eyes
    Make You Feel My Love
    Parachute
    Secular Praise
    The Shadow
    Something Sad
    Tell Me What You Dream
    Top of the Stairs
    Was It Just the Moonlight
    White Boy from Sacramento

Songs eliminated:
    So Much in Love 07/19

Voting for Round 2 begins now!

Well, I hate to be picking off the songs from Playin' It Cool, but it was Tim's weakest album (IMHO)....

I cast my vote for Tell Me What You Dream.

It's not awful or anything; in fact, I like the groove of the verses. It's the chorus that I don't appreciate as well. I don't like the lyrics "tell me what you dream at night while you're sleeping" - the "while you're sleeping" is redundant. What can I say, thinks like that annoy me.