Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Memoir

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    You can say it 100 times WalshFan88, it doesn't make you any more right!
    Neither does it make what you say right....just sayin'.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 06-24-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    That's one thing about Don Felder - he remembered everything.
    Go on then WalshFan88. How do you know everything that happened and that Felder remembered it?

Sticking to the topic;

Joe's weighed in on the Led Zep, Stairway To Heaven plagiarism verdict.

Led Zeppelin Trial Reactions: Joe Walsh, Robert Plant and More
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-z...rial-reaction/

I'm not saying I was there....

I'm saying in my experience, drug addicts and people that are strung out very much for an extended period of time have memory problems. And the ones that only partake lightly are not as affected. That's all.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Joe Walsh Memoir

I moved the recent posts about Joe's book over to this thread.

I'm betting it will be a fascinating read - can't wait!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I'll say it again. I think Don has more ability to remember events than Joe is, he wasn't as strung out. I'm not saying Joe is completely an air brain. Now Felder may have intentionally changed things or left things out, but the fact is I'd bet hundreds of dollars his memory is better than Walsh's any day of the week.

I'm leaving the whole Glenn/Don vs DF thing alone. Most people here know what side I'm on.
    I love how we're pretending that Felder was sober during those years. Ha, ha, ha!! None of them were & even Henley has come out and said something to the point of, "We all had our problems, Joe was just more public about his."

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    I love how we're pretending that Felder was sober during those years. Ha, ha, ha!! None of them were & even Henley has come out and said something to the point of, "We all had our problems, Joe was just more public about his."
    I don't want to get too off topic, but as someone who doesn't even drink alcohol, I look at these people on their drugs and drink and wonder what the deal is. That's not rhetorical. I stopped drinking pretty much when I was 18, so I really don't know. There's not much evidence to make me think I'm missing all that much.

Stuck on the Border

My only drug experience is from taking (prescribed) co-codamol. It didn't stop the pain but I felt so good, I didn't care. (Long term, a chiropractor was more effective).

I was never a drug user or big drinker and I struggle to remember what happened forty years ago, so I'd be amazed if any of these guys can remember much, unless they kept diaries or wrote letters that have been kept. Henley probably has an advantage as supposedly he has access to the 800 page biography that the band commissioned in the late 70s.

There are lots of continuity errors in Felder's book and sometimes he appears to "remember" events when he wasn't there. His co-writer was open in her use of Marc Eliot's book as a source.

What makes Joe Walsh different is the number of famous people he has played with and been friends with over the years. His time with the Eagles is just a small part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Listen MV, I didn't say he was sober. I said he wasn't as strung out. Comparatively between Felder and Walsh there is a NIGHT and DAY difference between their composure when they were under the influence. Walsh went above and beyond to the other guys, who DID have problems but nothing like Joe. Fact.

Banned

Comparatively between Felder and Walsh there is a NIGHT and DAY difference between their composure when they were under the influence.
    I don't remember Joe ever threatening Glenn on stage with 'Only three more songs till I kick your ass, pal.'

Stuck on the Border

Felder started later, stopped sooner and had breaks between drug-taking when he was at home with his family. However, that doesn't necessarily mean he was clearer than the rest when he was actually taking drugs. He may even have been worse in that his body would not have built up the same tolerance.