Page 91 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast

Thread: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Timothy in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Perhaps to Timothy it became abrupt later in the fall, when they were forced to realize the true extent of what was happening and that the Eagles would be no more, certainly not in the new year. He probably initially thought it was another bout of the intestinal troubles that had hospitalized Glenn before, and they would wait for him to recover and start up again. The "strange" things going on around him could be necessary business meetings relating to the Eagles business entity. It is such a huge machine, and though all contingencies would have been addressed in business papers, I'm sure there were certain decisions that required discussion with the members of the band and 360 degrees of management, not just Irving. I'm sure it was a very surreal and strange time for all of them. If the man says it was abrupt, I'll believe him!! Let him choose his adjectives LOL!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Perhaps to Timothy it became abrupt later in the fall, when they were forced to realize the true extent of what was happening and that the Eagles would be no more, certainly not in the new year. He probably initially thought it was another bout of the intestinal troubles that had hospitalized Glenn before, and they would wait for him to recover and start up again. The "strange" things going on around him could be necessary business meetings relating to the Eagles business entity. It is such a huge machine, and though all contingencies would have been addressed in business papers, I'm sure there were certain decisions that required discussion with the members of the band and 360 degrees of management, not just Irving. I'm sure it was a very surreal and strange time for all of them. If the man says it was abrupt, I'll believe him!! Let him choose his adjectives LOL!
    He can choose his adjectives as much as he wishes, but if I think they are inappropriate I will say so, and I think the words abrupt, surreal and strange don't begin to cover what actually occurred. I understand that he wished to 'move forward' but he had no choice.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

So now we've reached a point where the fans know more than the band members. You know "what actually occurred" and Timothy's candid thoughts are inappropriate. Unreal. Thanks for ruining what was an overwhelmingly positive thread about a great interview. Forget it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    Maybe he meant abrupt, as in he didn't think the band would end so abruptly -- that they would continue touring at some point. It didn't seem like the end then, but what happened afterward made the ending abrupt. (I'm not sure that makes any sense; I just can't explain what I mean very well! )
    I think you did a good enough job - at least if you mean what I think you mean!

Some people have the knack of writing exactly the right thing that resonates with a lot of people. The rest of us bumble through doing the best we can. Sometimes we upset people or are misunderstood because of our choice of words and sometimes we just have a different opinion. My view is that we should try to be tolerant of each other (and the band members) because a discussion forum doesn't work if everyone is too scared to post for risk of offending someone.

Because so little has been said by the band, I tend to over-analyse every interview comment and wonder if there is some hidden meaning. There may be or it may just be they are having a hard time finding the right words (because "there are no words"?). These guys are working through it and trying to make sense of their lives just like us regular folk.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    So now we've reached a point where the fans know more than the band members. You know "what actually occurred" and Timothy's candid thoughts are inappropriate. Unreal. Thanks for ruining what was an overwhelmingly positive thread about a great interview. Forget it.
    When I said 'what actually occurred' I meant Glenn's death. No more, no less. Others also expressed some disquiet with the use of the word 'abrupt'. Even 'unexpected' would have been better. Never mind.
    Last edited by Freypower; 11-15-2016 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    But no dates were cancelled, so the tour ended as scheduled.

I really didn't want to bring this up, but I saw them in February 2015, and I think Glenn's health was deteriorating then. Who on this board was the last to see them?
    I saw them last in July in Lexington Kentucky and he was in good spirits and good voice. To be honest they all looked really tired and ready for a break. Seeing him I would have never thought he was sick

Sure miss the Eagles. Was so used to seeing every couple months. No other show makes me as happy as an Eagles show.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Mr. Timothy had an interview on a Sirius channel last Wednesday. Anybody hear it? It was on the Volume channel and the program is called Debateable.

While I'm sending questions out to the universe, does Tim have a brother?
    Last edited by NightMistBlue; 12-12-2016 at 04:00 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Mr. Timothy had an interview on a Sirius channel last Wednesday. Anybody hear it? It was on the Volume channel and the program is called Debateable.

While I'm sending questions out to the universe, does Tim have a brother?
    Here's some of the Sirius interview:
    http://blog.siriusxm.com/2016/12/12/...of-the-eagles/

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh my stars! Talking with Melissa Etheridge. Thanks, UtW!

Stuck on the Border

I don't know if this is linked to from the above blog, but better to have it twice than not at all.
    https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmenter...ing-glenn-frey

ETA: It sounds like he is starting to say they had to cancel shows but then switched to Kennedy Center. Along with his use of "abrupt" in another interview, this makes me wonder if they had to cancel private shows that we jnew nothing about.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 12-13-2016 at 01:25 PM.