Page 55 of 158 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Schmit Sexiness: The Timothy B. Schmit Photo Thread

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Default Re: Schmit Sexiness: The Timothy B. Schmit Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by secret squirrel View Post
    Ok, looks like there's no video from Poco period but plenty of photos, some of TBS from pre-Poco days, with other bands. Here are a couple. Please feel free, anyone, to make them appear in the message.

Here's a link to the site: http://www.angelfire.com/rock3/deliverin/pocoindex.htm

SS
    xx
    http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2014...-in-glory.html
    Jeez, there is so much info in this database. This definitely isn't the right thread, but I don't want to put it in the Poco thread, cause it's Timmy...I don't want info about him to get lost...maybe we can start a new thread. Or, maybe it just goes in Poco, whatever.

Anyway, I see that Poco played what appears to be their first show with the Eagles on July 19, 1975 in New Jersey. They played with the Eagles 3 more times that summer, sharing the bill on one show. (I'm sure someone will correct me if this is inaccurate.)

Poco also played with Buckingham Nicks in their final show before they joined Fleetwood Mac. I always wondered if Timothy and Stevie knew each other and how well...I could totally see them, um, enjoying each other's company.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Jeez, there is so much info in this database. This definitely isn't the right thread, but I don't want to put it in the Poco thread, cause it's Timmy...I don't want info about him to get lost...maybe we can start a new thread. Or, maybe it just goes in Poco, whatever.

Anyway, I see that Poco played what appears to be their first show with the Eagles on July 19, 1975 in New Jersey. They played with the Eagles 3 more times that summer, sharing the bill on one show. (I'm sure someone will correct me if this is inaccurate.)

Poco also played with Buckingham Nicks in their final show before they joined Fleetwood Mac. I always wondered if Timothy and Stevie knew each other and how well...I could totally see them, um, enjoying each other's company.
    I think at the time they were Buckingham Nicks, Stevie and Lindsey were a couple. I could be wrong about that, but talk about two beautiful people if those two (Tim and Stevie) got together! No one couple should have that much beautiful hair.

Stevie and Lindsey were indeed a couple at that time. Also, what about Tim's first wife?

It is cool that Tim has a Stevie connection outside of the Eagles, even if it isn't a romantic one. Glenn and Felder also have non-romantic Stevie connections. Only Randy and Bernie missed out.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    No one couple should have that much beautiful hair.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Also, what about Tim's first wife?
    Yeah, this is one of those things about TBS that I don't think anyone on here knows about - when that marriage actually ended, in spirit and legally. It's such a personal thing that I haven't been interested in trying to find out, but I've never seen any info on when he married her, got divorced, or met and started dating Jean, or about anyone else he dated. Info about his love life is a black hole compared to the others guys!!

Poor Bernie and Randy, haha...who knows, they may have their own Stevie connections...it seems like all of the musicians in that scene knew each other. We learn something new every day!

Agreed MC and I also think we shouldn't ask or anything, he probably doesn't want to talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by bluefeather View Post
    Agreed MC and I also think we shouldn't ask or anything, he probably doesn't want to talk about it
    I would never ask him, but I think that it is natural to be curious about it. He was partying pretty hard in those days. He himself says that alot of that time is pretty hazy Somewhere deep in another thread, there was a quote from a book (maybe by Richie Furray?) that one of the guys - I think Richie - had everyone's wives flown out to a show as a surprise for the rest of the band, and that it didn't go over well. To be honest, with the lives they were living, it would be hard not to indulge. I don't like to think of our Timothy as being anything less than perfect, but let be realistic. I'm sure there is a lot that happened. He was very young starting out. By the time he met Jean he was a little older and wiser, and was probably ready to be in a more mature relationship.

I think there has always been a nagging curiosity about Timothy's first wife but he (and obviously she) has never spoken out. Noreen does have a few cursory songwriting credits on a few Poco albums. One online TBS bio makes reference to her by first name only and indicates that they split in the mid-70's. For some reason I seem to recall hearing once that she was about 6 or 7 years older than him BUT I can't be certain so please don't take that to the bank! If, in fact, that were true, I could see where the age difference combined with the rigors of touring and the groupies inherent thereto could have a serious negative impact on a relationship. He and Jean married in '83 after being together for about seven years (Timothy himself has mentioned this in an interview or two).

All of the Eagles wives have managed to remain out of the spotlight for the most part and I commend the guys for successfully guarding their private lives and keeping their families out of the media circus (with the exception of Lucy Walsh and Jeddrah Schmit who are both in the industry themselves).
    You were just too busy being FABULOUS....

Victim of Love

Quote Originally Posted by zeldabjr View Post
    yeah the newest avi is awesome SC!!
    thank you.

maybe I can get hubby to program the avatars so that they rotate on their own. I hate giving a great one up.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    thank you.

maybe I can get hubby to program the avatars so that they rotate on their own. I hate giving a great one up.
    Do what I do. Have an entire library of them & change them every week. It's a lot of fun!