Page 80 of 109 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Default Re: Joe Videos on YouTube and other video sites

That will be great experience for Deacon. I'm sure he's good enough if Joe has him with him. Probably means he will be the one with them at the E/W concerts.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Deacon's got a good mentor and teacher to look to. Joe will show him everything. He's in good hands. Deacon might had asked Joe to be in his band, but I could be wrong. They might be prepping Deacon for the Classic E/W festival.

Seeing those old videos from years ago, he sounded good. He probably gotten better as he got older especially his voice.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-18-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    That will be great experience for Deacon. I'm sure he's good enough if Joe has him with him. Probably means he will be the one with them at the E/W concerts.
    I think this is pretty much confirmation that Deacon will be playing with them at the Classic East/West shows. And Bernie too.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I agree that has to confirm that Deacon is playing at the Classic East/West shows too. And I totally missed Bernie's gear being in the vid too. As I said in the other thread I'm even more excited to see Joe now and Deacon. I agree Shun Joe is one of the best Deacon can learn from.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

So now we know who will be added to the Eagles. This is just like when Felder toured w/Joe, right before Joe was added to the Eagles. Now it's Deacon's turn to get used to playing with Joe.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

So the question now is, will Deacon sing during Joe's set? If so, what (no pun intended)? I guess we'll find out when they play their first show in Oklahoma in two days.

Like Buffyfan I'm even more excited to see Tom Petty and Joe later this month. The Bernie reference is very intriguing.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Joe will be on the road for 3 months with Tom (and a few shows by himself in between). So this will give Deacon time to get use to playing (and maybe singing) in front of an audience especially if you're playing in front of a huge crowd in a big venue.

I wish I was going to Memphis now, but I know I won't be driving around that time Joe does his show in Memphis next month and its a weekday anyway. Memphis was the only show close to me. Everything else(Atlanta, Nashville, Dallas, Little Rock) is 6 hours away. I will catch Joe another time. I already seen him. Now I want to see Timothy since I've now seen Don and Joe.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 04-18-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Hopefully Deacon will still be with Joe at the Winstar concert at the end of April. It will be cool to see him!

Banned

Deacon sings Get Over It doesn't he? It was a bit of biting satire when it came out in the mid nineties. I don't think it'd be viewed so positively now.

Stuck on the Border

Well, I guess that gives us all a clue as to who will be playing at the East/West concerts. So cool that Deacon is playing Old Black with Glenn's amps. He is a good looking kid. With his long hair he looks so much like a young Glenn. Does anyone know if Otis or Taylor play any instruments ? I know Glenn stated he believed in a early introduction to music for kids.