Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

I have never heard of any bad blood between them, but I haven't heard of them being big buddies either. Certainly Bernie has never had a bad word to say publicly about Joe - nor any of the Eagles, actually. He's always maintained that he left of his own accord because the band was going in a direction he didn't agree with, and because the rigors of the road and the fast lifestyle were detrimental to his physical and mental health.

I think Joe was just going for the cheap laugh rather than trying to hurt Bernie, but it was still tacky. JMHO.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I don't think Joe would publicly trash anyone in an interview, JMHO

I agree that it was in poor taste. Yes we know Joe's a great guy and highly doubt that he would intentionally be nasty.....but intended with humor not....it didn't really come off as "haha I love Bernie" humor. lol

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Ok--I just went back and listened to it again because of all the comments everyone was making about the Bernie reference. Honestly--I really don't think he meant anything by it--I took it as a typical Joe humorous moment. I laughed when I first heard it and I laughed this time. I really didn't see anything the matter with it! JMHO!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

But what did he mean?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

personally I think he was trying to be sarcastic. It's kind of hard to tell when you're just listening to it, but it sounds like the kind of reverse self deprecating humor Joe's in to. kind of like "Davinci? Yeah.. sure he was a GREAT Artist.. *wink wink*" it's a little twisted and hard to read but that's my kind of humor too...

I see what you mean, ticky, and I think you might be right about that...when I watch the F1 DVD, sometimes I comment to my husband (about Joe or Steuart) - man, too bad they couldn't find a "real" guitar player...I could totally see this being what Joe was doing...I hated the thought that he was being mean...ahhh, I think I feel better...lol...

~Tonja~

Quote Originally Posted by TimothyBFan View Post
    Ok--I just went back and listened to it again because of all the comments everyone was making about the Bernie reference. Honestly--I really don't think he meant anything by it--I took it as a typical Joe humorous moment. I laughed when I first heard it and I laughed this time. I really didn't see anything the matter with it! JMHO!!!
    Me too Willie. I honostly don't think there was a serious meaning behind the comment. I've listened to the this radio show for a few years now and these guys are all about comedy and good music so i'm not surprised that there was some joking around with this interview. I think it was just all in good fun. That's what I get from a lot of the interviews on that show. Most radio programs are all serious but these guys are just so laid back. They welcome good humor, even if it does come off as somewhat cruel.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

I agree that he wasn't being serious......and I have the same type of humor as Joe so I know how fine a line this is....but with something like that he might want to be a little more clear. Only because it isn't cut & dry clear. lol Especially since the media LOVES to make it appear as if there is dissension between all of them all the time.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

This popped up on Google http://musformation.com/2009/04/guit...r-mark-ii.html But I don't know if this is Ticky's Joe Walsh or one of the other Joe Walshs that show up from time to time. I thought it was interesting