Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh Memoir

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Default Joe Walsh Memoir

Nearly all the major music news outlets have run with versions of this story;

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...source=twitter

I suppose Joe's one of the few crazy rock stars who, not only, has survived to tell the tail but is also actually capable of writing it all down.

Joe did some radio dj-ing in the early nineties (inebriated years). He said he had a great Stevie Nicks story to share but I never got to hear it.
    I think I've found it today

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ad.php?t=55534

he and Stevie were at some Prince world premier video party together. The video was going to come on the TV but there was a commercial first and it was Kentucky Fried Chicken. Joe was specific and said it was the commercial from the 80's where cub scouts come marching into someone's house all holding these buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken. According to Joe, Stevie thought this Kentucky Fried Chicken commercial was the Prince video. Afterwards when she was told it was not the video they all died of laughter.
    Thanks Macfan4life over at The Ledge.

Default Re: Joe Walsh Memoir

He was very mean to Stevie during those radio gigs. I have several of them. I think this is one of those mean jokes he used to tell. I wouldn't have wanted to know a drunk Joe.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Well -as well all know, drugs and alcohol can definitely bring out the worst in people. However, I honestly don't think that story was so bad - I think it's kinda funny. No telling what other fantasies or delusions Stevie may have seen when she was under the influence.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

That joke sounds like something that most of my family would tell. I don't think it's that bad, just a bit embarrassing.

As I said in the press/blog thread, I can't wait to read Joe's book!
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

No, you don't get it. That never happened and he's pretending it did. There is no way in hell that Stevie didn't know a commercial from a video. She was a coke head. People on coke can tell the difference from a video & a commercial. For one thing a commercial is 30 seconds long and a video about 3 mins. This is Joe being mean. Sad but true. He said some truly crazy UNTRUE stuff about her during those radio gigs. I know Soda knows what I'm talking about.

Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    No, you don't get it. That never happened and he's pretending it did.
    That's a pretty emphatic denial for a 3rd party to make!

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Rodgers and Walsh, in fact, began writing material together about eight years ago that they plan to return to in the near future. “A couple really good things came out of that so we’re gonna revisit it,” Walsh says. “I had some funky licks that had progressed into kind of a song form, and that’s what Paul loves. So I dumped those on him and he put words to it and sang it, and of course it’s brilliant. It’s an approach I never would’ve come up with. And then he had a couple song ideas, melodies, word groups that he gave to me, and I’ve been working on those. So we’re gonna get back and compare notes.”
    Walsh is working on some new music in Nashville with a variety of collaborators. He also has a memoir he plans to publish in 2017. “That’s going to be a really good book,” he promises, before joking that, “I thought I could make more money by people paying me NOT to be in my book than I actually could putting the book out, but I decided to go ahead and write it, and I’m really happy now. A lot of people are nervous, but I’m not gonna hurt anybody.”
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...mmer-tourmates

From that last line, it seems that he's taking his lead from Joe Vitale.

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-...mmer-tourmates

From that last line, it seems that he's taking his lead from Joe Vitale.
    I'm so glad Joe is releasing a memoir. They should ALL do so, while there's still time.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Can't wait to read Joe's book....I love rock autobios. I enjoy reading more about guitarists than egotistic lead singers. Which is why I prefer Joe Perry's book over Steven Tyler's. Us guitarists have to band together and not let those frontmen steal our thunder.

I'm looking forward to reading Joe's book. Its going to be very interesting. I'm surprised some stuff he does remembered.