Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Walsh and Stevie Nicks

Guys, I dug up some quotes about this - Here they are (courtesy of Stevie fan Ali)

BBC Interview with Nicky Horne ~ August 27, 1991
    (about her relationship with Joe Walsh)"We went on the Wild Heart tour and after about a week I went into a bar and he [Joe] was sitting there and he just looked up at me and that was it. It was love at first sight. You should have seen me, I went and yelled at people about his sound checks. I bought him incredible silk shirts and leg warmers that he wore! I took really good care of him and I think that is what scared Joe the most because I was too in tune with him and he was too used to being out of tune with everyone. I really understood him well. I was really hard nosed about him. If my house was full and Joe called I would tell everyone to get out.

BBC Interview with Nicky Horne ~ August 27, 1991
    (about why she broke up with Joe Walsh)"What happened at the end was I was getting ready to cut two songs with Waddy Wachtel producing and we only had two nights to rehearse and Joe had been off in New Zealand or something and he came down about one or two in the mornting or something and he was real good friends with everyone in my band. That would have been fine any other night but I was really angry with what Joe had done because he completely screwed up that session. He just had everyone dying laughing because he just tells a hundred jokes and everyone was just rolling in the floor laughing and I was going “this is not fair” because he is not being sensitive at all to this whole situation and “you know I would give up anything for you, even my dammed career for you if he was serious enough." I had a limousine and I asked Joe if he wanted to take me home or come home with him and he said, “well, I didn’t tell you this but I’m leaving for Australia like tonight and I have to pack so I’m just going to get a ride home with Waddy” and I said “ok” and started walking towards the door and I turned around and said “Joe I don’t like where this relationship is going cause it’s not going anywhere and I don’t want to do it anymore.” And I started walking towards the door and he said “well you know, if you walk out the door, you basically cease to exist.” And I just din't stop walking."

BBC Interview with Nicky Horne ~August 27, 1991
    (about whether she still loves Joe Walsh)"I will always love Joe. It will probably be hard for me to find somebody else that ever ever made me feel like Joe did. [After the breakup] At that point I just thought it was over, I thought that I would just be an old maid and just live with a bunch of dogs and cats in the mountains somewhere and that would be it because there just wouldn't be anything else for me."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

wow, sounds like an intense relationship!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    On another note, I wonder why Stevie doesn't do anything (like concerts and appearances and stuff) with Joe like she does with Don. Or didn't she ever do any of that with joe?

Oh and one more question does anyone know how old Joe and Stevie were when they dated? Also....how old were Don and Stevie when they dated? Ok that was more than one question I won't even ask how long each couple was together.
    Not sure about why Joe doesn't do Stevie's charity events. She says they're friends now, but certainly not like she's friends with Don - a very close relationship there. She said that Don was one of the first people she called after 9/11 (she was trapped in New York at the time). Don also was there for her when her father died in 2005 - I always admired how he stayed with her when she was greeting we fans (that's how I got to meet Don) because she needed his support - her dad was very sick and died a few days later.

Stevie was born in 1948, Joe in 1947. You do the math.
    Thanks for all the info! I knew Don and Stevie were still close. I wonder if that makes Don's wife feel uncomfortable at all. I think that would be kind of strange. But in a way, I understand it as well. That's sweet that he was there for her when her Dad was sick. I also think that says a lot for her that she even stuck around to greet the fans when going through such a hard time.

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Thanks for all the info! I knew Don and Stevie were still close. I wonder if that makes Don's wife feel uncomfortable at all. I think that would be kind of strange. But in a way, I understand it as well. That's sweet that he was there for her when her Dad was sick. I also think that says a lot for her that she even stuck around to greet the fans when going through such a hard time.
    Well, I remember that when Stevie turned 50, Don sent her 50 silver roses, and that Don's wife was NOT pleased. But that's the only time I've heard of her being uncomfortable with it. Apparently it didn't bother her too much, as their marriage is still going strong!

Seeing Don and Stevie together on tour in 2005 was HOT. During Gold Dust WOman, they danced together, and it was amazing! here are a couple photos taken by my fellow Stevie fan Mandy:

There are better ones out there, but I forget where!

And yes, it does say a lot that Stevie stayed for her fans, but she is just like that. When one of my friends almost died and we contacted Stevie through a charity, she sent her such a lovely letter.... oh my gosh.

I LOVE STEVIE NICKS.

Those great Don & Stevie photos remind me of seeing them in the summer of 2005...<sigh> You are right, they still had great chemistry together, and seeing them dance together like that was amazing.

BTW, I turned 50 in October---where are my 50 silver roses from Don?

BTW - do any of you other ladies melt when you hear Stevie write lyrics like "And he reached out gently" about Don? (In another demo verison: "And her touched her gently".) SIIIGH.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    BTW, I turned 50 in October---where are my 50 silver roses from Don?
    Maybe they're in the mail? lol

BTW - here is a video made to Stevie's song for Joe -"Has Anyone Ever Written Anything for You" - that I uploaded to MySpace. Hearing Stevie sing this live is so powerful that it has made me cry before when I have been at her concerts. You can just tell it comes from her heart, telling Joe when he was struggling career-wise post-Eagles that "I believed in you...every day...." - but it's also translated universally to every fan like me who has been touched by Stevie's songs.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=19460234

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Wow, that was interesting to read! Sadly I can't watch this video here on work, my boss is always running through our office. I will do that at home. It's good to know about their relationship before watching.

Those great Don & Stevie photos remind me of seeing them in the summer of 2005...<sigh> You are right, they still had great chemistry together, and seeing them dance together like that was amazing.
    These pictures are beautiful. They danced together on stage, sooo romantic.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    BTW - do any of you other ladies melt when you hear Stevie write lyrics like "And he reached out gently" about Don? (In another demo verison: "And her touched her gently".) SIIIGH.
    well when I hear it someday.......I know I'll just swoon *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by EasyFeeling
    These pictures are beautiful. They danced together on stage, sooo romantic.
    my thoughts exactly! lol Do we have a swooning emoticon?