Page 89 of 166 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I was just reading an old article in Rolling Stone about the loss of Duane Allman and this was the remaining band members thought on replacing him-

"For a while there was talk that the Brothers were looking for a replacement for Duane, but the idea was never discussed within the band. Betts tells why. "I think replacing Duane would have been one of the most uncreative morbid moves anyone could make. It would have cheapened our whole organization to hire someone and teach him Duane's licks."

Food for thought.
    ..very wise...

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    I was just reading an old article in Rolling Stone about the loss of Duane Allman and this was the remaining band members thought on replacing him-

"For a while there was talk that the Brothers were looking for a replacement for Duane, but the idea was never discussed within the band. Betts tells why. "I think replacing Duane would have been one of the most uncreative morbid moves anyone could make. It would have cheapened our whole organization to hire someone and teach him Duane's licks."

Food for thought.

Then they replaced him with Derek Trucks and Warren Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    Then they replaced him with Derek Trucks and Warren Hayes
    Yeah but they weren't there to "replace him". They were there to compliment Dickey. To me Warren plays more like Dickey than Duane. Derek plays slide, but has his own sound.

There is no replacing Duane Allman just like there is no replacing Glenn Frey...

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    People keep acting like they band is greedy and some fans think they know what's best. But what about Glenn's family what about how they feel. They should IMO give the final consent.
    Gonna have to disagree TM..

Yes they should have a say, but ultimately whose to say they really knew what Glenn would have wanted done. From the sounds of it, he declined so quickly that there may not have even been a chance to discuss the Eagles going forward. If that was the case, they could still be choosing something that would have upset Glenn....

I hope DH and Irving did ask Cindy, but even still, that doesn't make what they are doing right to me and some others here, and that's just the way it is.

Glenn and Don are/were irreplaceable. You could replace darn near every member but those two and still have it be the Eagles. Trust me, I hated that fact when Felder was ejected. But it didn't slow ticket sales any. People that were only casual fans may not have even noticed. But you get someone who was the frontman/singer, and it's a different story. I've always had a problem with them hogging the spotlight and attention, but it is what it is. That said, Glenn and Don were/are the Eagles no matter who else was there. The reverse is not true.

Stuck on the Border

WF - I agree.......

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree too, WF.

The Allman Brothers situation was different though. They were a young, newly successful band and their leader was accidently killed. The Eagles are 45 years in and their leader died unexpectedly. Time makes a big difference here.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Yeah but they weren't there to "replace him". They were there to compliment Dickey. To me Warren plays more like Dickey than Duane. Derek plays slide, but has his own sound.

There is no replacing Duane Allman just like there is no replacing Glenn Frey...

But they still play Duanes parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri1962 View Post
    I just insisted. I bought 8 tickets at 750 and told them now my friends who are reimbursing me see they are only 450 now. The guy said no problem, wanted to make sure I was going to go online and buy them at the lower price. I said I only want two now. He said ok. Went back online and it wouldn't let me buy the two I wanted four rows back. The woman tried to tell me there are no $450 tics left. I told her that I am looking on their website and there are many, including the ones they just refunded me. After many times on hold to "talk to her supervisor" she finally said "I am so sorry, the tickets you want are available!". No kidding. Anyway, just call them and tell them you know some people have been given refunds. Speak to a supervisor, they don't want another lawsuit for price gauging. Let me know how you make out ��
    Terri, you are fierce! It's not easy getting a refund from TM! My hat's off to you.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    Glenn and Don are/were irreplaceable.
    Amen.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

So now we know.

Vince Gill.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...530-story.html

Added Henley, “He doesn’t have to do this forever. Someday, if he decides to write his own songs and have his own band, we’ll be the first to support him. But this is a good way to break in.”
    Sure makes it sound like this isn't just two shows... "forever"...In other words, the "Eagles" are going to keep at it after Classic East/West, just as I predicted.

That phrase wouldn't have been used for just TWO SHOWS...

And FTR, I don't see Vince Gill giving up his solo work and touring, so maybe they'll either coexist or he'll drop out at some point.

I see Deacon singing the "rockin'" Glenn songs, and Vince singing the smoother countrier numbers. Vince doesn't have a very convincing rock voice IMO. Too smooth and twangy.

Still, not cool and a thumbs down from me.