Page 129 of 166 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

The voices that are being silenced are the ones who actually want to see the band lol

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I thought that is what this thread was for? And the reviews and anticipation threads were to look forward to it and be positive.

At least, that's what I thought was set in place or what we were doing.

That's what I was doing until people starting coming in here to try to stop it.
    I did specifically ask people to stay positive in the anticipation threads, and we have. The one time we got off course a bit, I moved the negative posts in here. I didn't ask people to stay positive in the reviews; it just turned out that they were all positive.

I was surprised to see that people were spoiling the positive tone in the mini-tour thread by complaining about this thread, though! Luckily, that didn't last long.

So, the negative posts about the reformation of the group are all in this thread. Does that mean that people who are positive can't post in here? No. We can have both positive and negative discussion in here.

However, what it DOES mean is that if you hate reading negative posts about the "new Eagles", you can easily avoid them by not visiting this thread.

(Note: that doesn't apply to various topics all across the board; I'm only speaking about threads pertaining to the reformation and shows.)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    The voices that are being silenced are the ones who actually want to see the band lol
    I'm sorry if it seems like that.

Here's the way it seems to me.

People come into this thread and try to tell those of us against it why we are upsetting them, and that basically if we don't like this, we should just keep it to ourselves and not ruin it for those going or just to not be so outspoken about it.

I don't care if someone goes or not, it changes nothing about what I think of them or if I like them or not. If they want to go, please go and think nothing else. I hope you have a good time. I really mean that in my heart. But please.

PLEASE (and I say that in an almost begging voice), allow us to have our discussion in this singular thread about what we think is going on with the continuation of this band against our will. That's all I ask. I'll stay out of the other threads pertaining to the new band and their shows, their guest section, etc. But all I ask is that we can continue to have our discussions and comments here. In one, very ignorable avoidable thread. ONE thread. To contain all the so called naysayers. Those for the band moving on and not liking our discussion can just ignore it or not be so offended by it. And those of us against it won't feel bad.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I did specifically ask people to stay positive in the anticipation threads, and we have. The one time we got off course a bit, I moved the negative posts in here. I didn't ask people to stay positive in the reviews; it just turned out that they were all positive.

I was surprised to see that people were spoiling the positive tone in the mini-tour thread by complaining about this thread, though! Luckily, that didn't last long.

So, the negative posts about the reformation of the group are all in this thread. Does that mean that people who are positive can't post in here? No.

However, what is DOES mean is that if you hate reading negative posts about the "new Eagles", you can easily avoid them by not visiting this thread.

(Note: that doesn't apply to various topics all across the board; I'm only speaking about threads pertaining to the reformation and shows.)
    Amen, and I agree.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    All this talk about "being silenced." It's a very dramatic phrase... but what does it even mean?

Because it seems to me a lot of people seem to think if someone disagrees with them, it means they are "being silenced" or being oppressed in some other way.

And as a result, we have a thread full of victims.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

All this talk about "being silenced." It's a very dramatic phrase... but what does it even mean?

Because it seems to me a lot of people seem to think if someone disagrees with them, it means they are "being silenced" or being oppressed in some other way.

I agree.

I just feel that some people are coming here and maybe passively trying to get those of us who are outspoken against it to not do so for the sake of "positivity" and not raining on their parade and basically trying to get me to stop talking.

I think silencing may be an OTT term but I feel there is pressure for one side to just stop talking about the band continuing and to be fair, the reverse is true.

I just think those who are so offended by this thread can ignore it and those of us against it will do our best to keep the tour threads positive and not rain on their parade. I think that's the best solution to try and keep everyone happy...

But the idea for one side to cave into another will only end badly I feel. And I mean that from both sides of the equation. But ultimately, to me, I feel a strong pressure from some here to quit voicing my opinion. Others feel the same. Hmm.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger

Stuck on the Border

Soda, I understand what you are saying, and I didn't wish to sound like a victim, but for the past three months I have felt that it has been impossible for me to post. If I return I will stay away from the threads which Austin mentioned.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    I agree.

I just feel that some people are coming here and maybe passively trying to get those of us who are outspoken against it to not do so for the sake of "positivity" and not raining on their parade and basically trying to get me to stop talking.

I think silencing may be an OTT term but I feel there is pressure for one side to just stop talking about the band continuing and to be fair, the reverse is true.

I just think those who are so offended by this thread can ignore it and those of us against it will do our best to keep the tour threads positive and not rain on their parade. I think that's the best solution to try and keep everyone happy...

But the idea for one side to cave into another will only end badly I feel. And I mean that from both sides of the equation. But ultimately, to me, I feel a strong pressure from some here to quit voicing my opinion. Others feel the same. Hmm.
    I think if everyone talked about THE BAND and not why Border members are wrong if they decide to like or not like (or see or not see) Eagles 3.0, it would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Well done Delilah for standing up for fans who "apparently" couldn't get to see Eagles before Glenn died.
    Thank you, Funk 50.

I get that people had valid reasons why they didn't go before, and I apologize.
    I appreciate this very much, Soda although I feel your comment wasn't near as condemning as the one that followed.

I sure wish I could have seen the band with Glenn, in any of the line-ups. But the ultimate for me would have been to see them in the 70s, esp. the OOTN/HC era. I was alive and aware of their music enough to know and enjoy their songs, but I was just too young to go to concerts. I managed to tag along to a lot of places with my older sisters but concerts weren't one of them. When I heard they were getting back together for HFO, I thought, wow, that's cool. But I wasn't interested enough to go see them. To me they were kind of an "oldies act" at that point (!) and I simply preferred to spend my time and limited funds on seeing other acts, like Garth Brooks and GunsNRoses. After HFO, I basically lost track of them for a long time. My loss, obviously.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I think if everyone talked about THE BAND and not why Border members are wrong if they decide to like or not like (or see or not see) Eagles 3.0, it would be fine.
    Again, if someone doesn't like what they see here, they are free to go to any other thread. I don't have anything against people going, I know some people as friends who are, but if I disagree with it, I'm not judging you. It's the band.

I'm not saying those who see it positively can't post here, but we have as much of a right to discuss what we want as you do. So I'd prefer there not be anyone coming in here trying to make us feel bad or try to stop our discussion. Thanks.

Again, you don't see me going in those other threads. But everyone comes in here and tries to stop our discussion. I feel that is what is wrong. And it is, IMO.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger