Page 73 of 92 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungEaglesFan View Post
    Wait so he’s making a new album?
    Yes, it’s been in the works for awhile. He said something about releasing it last Spring. I don’t remember if it was supposed to be a full album though. Maybe by now he’s added more tracks.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Apparently Don has been in more contact with Joe and Timothy than some of us thought. This interview from last summer has some interesting revelations.

Are you in contact with any Eagles members?
    Not really directly. Although I did run into Timothy Schmit just by happenstance. We were both having lunch at the same café, and he came and sat down right behind me! And the guy that was sitting across from me, said, “I think that’s your old bass player. Y’know, the guy with the long hair.” I turned around, and he was turning around looking at me; we were face to face! I sat down with him and talked—probably had a half-hour conversation, before I had to leave and go back to the studio. It was great. I really love the guy. Fantastic artist and a really nice guy. I have no problems with him whatsoever.

What about Joe Walsh?
    When I do radio interviews and I know Joe will be going in or phoning into this radio station, I always have them record something that I leave for Joe, either a joke or a hello or a question I think they should ask him. And he does the same for me. Indirectly, we’ve had conversations, but not directly.
    ”Ex-Eagle Don Felder Soars Once More” Long Island Pulse, Aug. 7, 2017

Stuck on the Border

Cool. Nice that there's been some kind of contact. The Timothy thing was just a happy coincidence, but the Joe thing sounds funny.

This appears to be an excerpt from a 2014 interview so chances are it’s been covered already. But since it was re-published recently, I thought I’d post it. This is an interesting part about TIE.

2. A great example is the song “Take It Easy.” In the first two verses, it goes G-D-C. But in the third verse, for just one chord, it goes G-D-A minor. Where does an idea like that come from?

Jackson Browne actually wrote, I would say, 90% of “Take It Easy.” That chord change came, I believe, from Jackson. As long as I’ve known that song, that third verse has the Am instead of the C in it. It kind of makes it a little different. A lot of people who play it just forget it; they just go right back to the C like in the first two verses. Those sort of intentional little unique things — lyrically, melodically, arrangement-wise, background-vocal-wise, everything was just a little different [each time]. I thought it made it more interesting than just cut/copy/paste replication.
    ”5 Questions With Don Felder” by Mitch Gallagher, sweetwater.com, Jan. 8, 2018

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks, Delilah! The tricky intro always gets me. The count is just devilish: begins on the "and" of 4 (why???). [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1kuhapjH0[/ame]

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Thanks, Delilah! The tricky intro always gets me. The count is just devilish: begins on the "and" of 4 (why???). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz1kuhapjH0
    Yeah, when Kiss did the song as a tribute to Glenn they played the pickup bit ("and of 4") like it's the "one" of the first bar. I heard it like that initially too, but at some point I got it.

I'm trying to imagine Kiss playing TIE I hope Paul sang the lead.

Stuck on the Border

I'm trying to imagine Kiss playing TIE I hope Paul sang the lead.
    He did. He was criticized in the KISSFAQ forum for not learning the lyrics. But I thought it was a nice gesture anyway. I think it was a small gig - maybe one of the "Kiss Kruises". I don't think they wore makeup.

EDIT:

Yeah, here it is. Starts at 1:03... https://youtu.be/xBelroOVFNA

Shot from a bit closer: https://youtu.be/-mu2_zoqPfw Looks like Gene's playing by instinct...

Tommy plays the A minor instead of C in the final verse. Gene plays the C. Seems that Tommy was the only one who did his homework. This must have been a last minute decision.
    Last edited by chaim; 04-13-2018 at 06:30 PM.

That wasn't awful! Very low energy, but I guess it was a rehearsal?

Stuck on the Border

That wasn't awful! Very low energy, but I guess it was a rehearsal?
    I have no idea. But it's clear that they hadn't rehearsed. They could do the song much better. But I was glad anyway that they did a little tribute to Glenn. I don't remember them doing such a tribute to anyone else. They certainly don't do it often.