Page 72 of 92 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Banned

Default Re: Don Felder in the Press/Blogs/etc.

It actually made me laugh too! New Kid In Town

but I don't think Fingers was attempting to be funny

Stuck on the Border

Funk, me either.......

Stuck on the Border

It is not "the truth" when you carefully choose what to tell and what to leave out. Life with human beings doesn't work that way. The common frightening problem with autobiographies is that the author thinks it's "the truth". It's even more scary when the reader thinks it's "the truth".

Yes, a certain thing you say about someone may be true in that it did happen, but it is not the truth about the overall situation, the big picture - and certainly not "the truth" about the person you're talking about.
    Last edited by chaim; 07-13-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Stuck on the Border

This two-part interview from 2014 wasn't posted on this thread. As it's old, the subjects are familiar, but there's a little more depth.
    https://michaelcavacini.com/2014/06/...felder-part-1/

Great interview with Don Felder Kinexions 2016

Interesting discussion about Don Felder learning to play HC on his nylon string guitar, never heard this before.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S2owegNYfM4
    Last edited by Dawn; 08-25-2017 at 02:09 AM.

This link has some nice photos of the Children Matter Benefit Concert held on Sept. 20. There is also a short video clip of Don performing with Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick (the 6th video clip down). Proceeds of the concert will benefit the victims of Hurricane Harvey.

http://www.92kqrs.com/2017/09/21/pho...d-ace-frehley/

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Awesome pics of a great event/cause. Thanks Delilah!
    Here's one of Don ... looking good!

Stuck on the Border

According to a Kiss fan who was there Gene referred to Don as Don Henley accidentally. I don't know whether he noticed this and corrected himself or not.

Don is interviewed for a concert preview ahead of his most recent performance. His album is still in the works.

[Don Felder] said the new album, like his last one, would be full of guest appearances, revealing that, among others, Sammy Hagar had contributed vocals, and that guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani joined him on a track that recalls the famed outro riff of “Hotel California,” though he was quick to clarify that it’s “not quite exactly like that, ’cause Satch doesn’t play like Joe [Walsh], and I don’t try to repeat myself by playing the same things I did 40 years ago.”
    Also, he says this about this time in the Eagles:
    “I have a lot of great memories of my time in the Eagles — times of us not necessarily grinding in the studio or worn down to a frazzle by being on the road for 11 months out of the year, but times when we were fresh and enthusiastic and young and excited, and creative juices were flowing and ideas were pouring out of everybody,” Felder said. “However the stars aligned, or whatever was in the water that we were drinking at the time — or whatever was in what we were smoking at the time! — produced those songs and those magical moments. That particular combination of people and time and space created that noise, and we had a really great time doing it.”
    ”Don Felder bringing ‘Hotel California’ to Utah on Friday night” The Salt Lake Tribune, Nov. 9, 2017

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Don is interviewed for a concert preview ahead of his most recent performance. His album is still in the works.

Also, he says this about this time in the Eagles:

”Don Felder bringing ‘Hotel California’ to Utah on Friday night” The Salt Lake Tribune, Nov. 9, 2017
    Wait so he’s making a new album?