Page 8 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe in the Press/Blogs/etc.

Default Re: Joe mentions in the press

I've been taught not to joke about stuff like that.

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

I was about to have a panic attack. I got this on three different Google alerts. The first one was from a "comedy" site, one from a site that sold cigars?.and one from Onion. I didn't know what Onion was and it seemed to be a real online news source. I come onto the Border because I knew if there was any truth to the story it would be posted here and THEN I would believe it. Someone has a very morbid sense of humor if you want to call it that.

Some of the Borderers alluded to this topic in the Michael Jackson thread. I think it's a humorous way to point out the absurdity of rushing out to buy a singer/band's work who is recently deceased.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Exactly PM - appreciate them while they can hear it and enjoy it...

~Tonja~

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I'm also one of those who thought this was hilarious. Speaking for myself, this is the type of humor that always helps me "lighten up while I still can".

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Well apparently I'm one of those with a sick sense of humor because I also thought it was funny.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

How is this in poor taste from a print source with the recent fictional headlines "Edge of Table Victorious Over Toddler" and "Terrier Bravely Defends Family From Squeak"?

I have the print version in front of me - just a front-page photo with faux headline along the left-hand side; it doesn't have an accompanying article. The "Headlights" above it include "Ivy-Covered Home Like That On Inside Too" and "Looks Like Area Woman Carrying Heavy Thing Has It Under Control" (the latter of which might become my new slogan).

At least they picked the Eagle with a sense of humor - I'm willing to bet Mr. Walsh would find this hilarious.

No story? How disappointing! Thanks for the report, though. I think this made a couple blogs as "funniest Onion headline of the week."

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado AmarilloByMorning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No story? How disappointing!
    Ohhhhh, you underestimate me...

For the record, people, I'm KIDDING. I'm from the Monty Python camp of humor.

Joe Walsh Executed to Keep ‘Eagles Greatest Hits’ Sales Ahead of ‘Thriller’

When sales of Michael Jackson’s Thriller started rivaling those of Eagles’ Greatest Hits, the latter artist’s monarchs Glenn Frey and Don Henley decided to take action. Recognizing death as the ultimate purveyor of a sales spike, they met with longtime manager Irving Azoff and suggested that one of their quartet receive premature termination in the best interests of the conglomerate.

Azoff nominated guitarist Joe Walsh, to accommodate Henley’s thirty-odd years of requests that Walsh “go easy” on the touring pranks. While details of the demise have not yet surfaced, local authorities have reportedly seized a chainsaw into evidence. Walsh did receive sufficient advance notice to finalize his will. Sources close to the star reveal that he bequeathed his infamous brick suit, worn during the Eagles’ 1998 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inauguration ceremony, to the museum in his hometown of Wichita, Kansas.

From beyond the grave, Walsh evidenced no hard feelings. He referred to the incident as “a poetic end” and, before dematerializing permanently, conveyed his wish that the world know: “Life was good.” The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Museum has commissioned a forty-foot bronzed chainsaw monument in his honor.

The remaining Eagles plan to draw straws, strategically eliminating members whenever sales of their Greatest Hits plateau, and reunite in 14 years as touring apparitions on the “Hell’s Just a Sauna” Tour. MTV has already contracted to sponsor the tour, tentatively scheduled to begin in late 2023.
    Last edited by AmarilloByMorning; 08-06-2009 at 04:34 PM.

Oh Lord! I got a Belly Laugh out of that! I'm a little late getting into some of these threads. I wonder if Joe will continue recording from beyond the grave? My money is on his guitar and Azoff!

MikeA