Page 132 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1480

Thread: Fleetwood Mac

Default Re: Fleetwood Mac

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    That will be interesting to hear Stevie sing “Black Magic Woman.” I wonder if anyone in the audience will ask, “Why are they playing a Santana song?”
    Seriously! Maybe they will include in the intro "Peter Green wrote this, you know!"

But I can't see Stevie making the song work. She obviously sees herself as the Black Magic Woman... is she going to change the lyrics which are sung from the perspective of the guy who wants to have sex with the Black Magic Woman? lol

I liked the other article too, where Mike Campbell made an appearance at a Neil Finn show and they played “Man of the World.”
    I like that song but I'd be surprised if they play it live during a Fleetwood Mac show. It's just too low-energy except for that one powerful line "I just wish I'd never been born" and the very short bridge.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Another sign spotted in LA, and that fans are retweeting and sharing on instagram:

Love This !

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

DITTO! That's a good one.

Kudos to the Mac fans who are taking a stand on this. Even though it will likely make no difference at all, at least, they are making their feelings known!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Yeah. On the fan boards, it's actually majority AGAINST the "new" Mac!

I just gotta believe Tom Petty would have been troubled about Lindsey being fired by Fleetwood Mac. Yeah, I know he was very close to Stevie but Tom Petty did not suffer fools gladly and let's face it - firing Lindsey was foolish.
    Last edited by Dawn; 06-18-2018 at 10:32 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Tom was Lindsey's friend, too. Lindsey appeared on "Walls" and "The Man Who Loves Women", and at one point in the late 80s after Lindsey had left the Mac, Tom floated the idea of Lindsey being in the Heartbreakers!

Therefore, I also think Tom would have not only been unhappy with Lindsey's treatment... he would have been appalled that Stevie was using HIM to justify it! "Tom's death gave me a new perspective and I realized I wanted to be happy..." etc.

By all accounts, loyalty wasn't just a word to Tom Petty.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Banned

Cool Re: Fleetwood Mac

Nothing related to Fleetwood Mac is simple, or straightforward. Partly this is due to the complex nature of the principals, and partly to the enormity of the whole operation, financially and in almost every possible perspective. The biggest of the Big Time, rock n' roll-wise.

If this is an issue for fans, it's even more so for those who make the world's heaviest bowling ball roll uphill, which is, honestly, what a Fleetwood Mac tour is like. The only group with a "pricklier" nature, road wise and recording wise, was Led Zeppelin.

(The Beatles don't count. I'm not sure why, but they just don't.)

Add to all of that the set of circumstances brought to FM by Buckingham and Nicks - as if things were not confusing enough with the relationships circling around Mr. and Mrs. MacVie. Trying to explain all of this craziness, one of the principals once said to me, "Well, you know how we are - couldn't possibly allow ourselves to be bored now, could we?"

Absolutely not.

What does all this have to do with the discussion at hand (is Buckingham being mistreated, should FM not tour, is Stevie Nicks really the Devil In Disguise {oops, wrong band!}, etc etc, ad nauseum, ad infinitum)?

Hell, I don't know. Personally, I think LB will return to the band (as Mike Campbell himself believes, although he won't say that in public), and all - well, nearly all - will be forgiven. Sort of...
    Last edited by peneumbra; 06-22-2018 at 01:56 AM.

There's a guy on the Mac forum who is in the business and gave us some interesting factoids:

- 70-80% of legacy bands’ arena ticket sales happen within the first 10 days of the general on sale date (they don't have any popular music getting released which would grab people's attention between the on-sale date and the concert, garnering new ticket sales - people already know them, and know they want to go).

- At this point, for a big legacy act like Fleetwood Mac, about 25% of the house sale has been to the secondary market (bought up by scalpers). That doesn't matter in terms of the band's profits, but it means that not all of those seats will have people in them on the night of the show, as some are going unsold.

So my caveat that maybe a lot more tickets will be bought closer to the show date actually isn't going to happen. If his numbers hold true, the seating chart below reflects 80% of their sales for the night (in this case, St. Louis)! Yes, the blue and pink seats are the ones that are still available!

It makes me think - Serves You Right!

How the mighty have fallen. When they had Lindsey just a few years ago, this place was filled. I'm glad they're having to pay a price for their actions.

Now, admittedly, some of the shows are still selling - the big cities like Chicago - but it used to be ALL of them. Now the majority are like the above and only a few are like Chicago. Even the LA Forum isn't looking good (one night's pretty good, the other, eh; last time, five nights at the Forum sold out).

Stuck on the Border

Wow, thank you Soda, and that makes sense. That is a lot of blue seats yet to fill. I concur - serves them right. #BringBackLindsey.