Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

Default Re: Little things that remind you of the Eagles

This is not a political post, I swear! But the comment in response to the article just cracked me up. Your mileage may vary...
    Attached Images Attached Images

No longer in Southern California.We're now in Northen New York, the St. Lawrence Valley. :)

I'm a theater costume designer and was recently hired for a gig that is a 2-hour drive from my home in Vermont.A funny adventure happened on the way to the theater:
    I was about 3/4 of a mile from my exit just past White River Junction,VT driving in the fast lane, or the passing lane as they call it in Vermont and had just passed a car. Coincidentally, I was putting in CD #2 of The Very Best of the Eagles.
    I was only going 72mph, which is my usual speed on the interstate. A vehicle was in my blind spot, but slowed down. So I sped up and pulled into the driving lane. That vehicle was then behind me.
    Lo & behold, it was a Vermont State Trooper.
    Sure enough, he pulled me over. I thought, maybe, when I was putting the CD in it looked like I was texting & driving.
    He was a nice guy. Trooper Thompson was his name. I hadn't done anything wrong. Turns out, the DMV thinks that my license expired in 2012, the year I got my California license,when we moved back there, which I'm still using.
    He chit chatted with me for a minute, checked that everything was okay, and sent me on my merry way.
    I wasn't speeding, wasn't on my way to a poker game with a drug dealer, no drugs in the car. Although, "Life in the Fast Lane" was playing on the CD.
    AND....
    For my day job, I work in a shoe store. Every time I see a certain pair of sandal, I always sing (in my head) "got those pretty little straps around your ankles". And yes, I am going to buy 2 pair--one for everyday and one for my daughter's wedding

LOL CAinOH!

And cute story, MarthaJo56!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

In church choir today, we sang a song called "This Blood." As soon as I saw the title on the sheet music, "this love" from "Taking You Home" popped into my head! "And this love (this looooooove) is like nothing I have ever known..."

"Taking You Home" is one of my favorite "Don" songs. And "This Blood" is just awesomely powerful. Would love to have heard y'all sing it!
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

It doesn't take much to remind us about the band, does it?

Right up the road from me is an apartment complex called Glendale. Every time I pass it (which I did yesterday), I just think to myself what a shame it is that they spelled it wrong.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

No. It doesn't take much at all! In fact, when teaching Othello recently, I read his line that he was "one that loved not wisely, but too well" and immediately thought of "Wasted Time."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

My husband and I went to St. Louis to our nephew's wedding reception Saturday night and as we were sitting in the lobby having a drink there were also lots of Chicago Blackhawks fans milling about getting ready to go to the game with the St. Louis Blues. I couldn't help remembering that Glenn wore a Blackhawks jersey back in the day. Made me kinda sad.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I was channel surfing this afternoon and landed on the Nebraska/Iowa football game. Randy of course is from Nebraska, and apparently is partial to that team since I've seen a few photos of him with "Nebraska" on his shirt. I love college football, so I watched that. Maybe he was watching as well!!!

Today all the children's choirs sung in church. They are big - one is the really little kids up to kindergarten and that had like 30 kids, and the one with all the elementary school kids had about 60!

So all these kids' parents have come to hear their babies sing and as soon as the little ones begin "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", about 20 phones shoot up in the air to record them. With the larger choir, it's twice that number.

And all I could think was "Good thing this isn't an Eagles concert or security would be all over these people!" I imagined Don sitting in a pew behind one of them, scowling disapprovingly but unable to force them to put the phone away, and I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.