Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Movies

Default Re: Movies

3D certainly is all the rage lately, isn't it? There is even 3D TV now!

I finally signed up for Netflix a couple of months ago. With the ability to stream movies instantly to my TV or order dvds by mail, it's working out great. However, during the busy holiday season we're not able to find time to watch movies as often.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    3D certainly is all the rage lately, isn't it?
    yeah it is lol

Yesterday I watched Dear John. I have not read the book but remember a former co-worker complaining that the movie ended very differently from the book with no good reason, in her opinion. I went to wiki and read the synopsis of the ending of the book and indeed, they are different. I wonder why they do that?

Anyway, I found it to be a good movie, good plot and well acted. But what really caught my attention was the soundtrack. I've went to amazon and listened to the songs and will probably purchase them. Does anybody have any thoughts on the book, movie or soundtrack?

Here is a song from the movie, beautifully done by Amanda Seyfried, the lead actress.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4ZW6d4AYvc[/ame]
    ~ Cathy ~

Just watched "Year One" last night on Netflix. Hilarious movie. Great one.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I'm watching "The Social Network" tonight for the 2nd time of watching it. Excellent movie. Some of it is fiction, but the whole movie is entertaining and keeps your attention. Mark Zuckerberg is a brilliant, eccentric person. He's only 4 years older than me, and is worth billions. All because he invented Facebook. I love Facebook, and I have a new appreciation for Mark after watching this movie. This movie portrays him not always positively but the movie is a great watch!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

I've been meaning to see that, Austin - glad you liked it!

I've had a "movie day" here, but not a very good one. Today, I decided to take it easy and watch a few movies on Netflix streaming. On a whim, I decided to watch The Warriors solely because "In the City" was written for it. Too bad the movie absolutely sucked. Joe's song wasn't even played until the credits. At least it was interesting to hear the slight variations between his solo version and the Eagles release. That was the best thing about the movie. Sad but true! Oh well - I guess it could have been worse - it wasn't as bad as Vanishing Point, which I also watched just to hear a song performed by one of our guys (performed by Longbranch Pennywhistle, to be precise). I'm beginning to think this motivation for watching a movie is not the greatest.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I kind of know what you mean Soda. Recently I watched the Keven Spacey movie Shrink just because Jackson Browne's song Here is from that movie. It played over the credits too. But the movie didn't totally suck.
    ~ Cathy ~

Border Desperado Midnight_Flyer's Avatar

on a movie streaming website last night, i watched The Lovely Bones, what a great film! nearly cried at the end

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

I haven't seen the movie....but Loved the book!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

I bought Eat Pray Love last week and got around to watching it last night. Absolutely loved it! Julia Roberts is one of my favourite actresses - she is so likeable, especially in this role. I love the spirit of the film, and the humour. I haven't read the book, but I want to. My sister said it's brilliant, and even funnier than the film.

I got a kick out of a particular part in the movie, when Julia Roberts' character meets a guy called Richard and asks him "Has anyone ever told you you look like James Taylor?" He smiles and replies "Every day."

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--