It's about disease...colitis namely. I'm gonna be laughing at that one for a LONG TIME!

The preacher who filled the pulpit at a contemporary non-denominational church I went to for a while heard me warming up before a Praise Service. I was softly finger-picking the arpegios to Hotel California and he came in the room and shut the door and "explained" to me what that song was about and earnestly urged me not to play "that kind" of music <LOL>. I imagine he called an emergency meeting of the elders to exorcise the building after that!

Yesh! What a EVIL song! There were a LOT of whacky lyrics in it. Her name was Tiffany Twisted, She drives a Mercedes Bends. I wonder if the lamp people appreciated the reference. And wonder if the Mercedes she drives has pressure problems resulting in Rapture of the Deep or causes drivers (or do I mean divers) to have to spend time in a decompression chamber after a long drive?

What about the 1969 reference? Man on the Moon? Last Public performance by the Beatles? Woodstock? Animals disbanded? Death of Brian Jones? Sharron Tate murder by Manson family? Jackson 5 is formed?

I don't connect the Eagles with 1969. Henley didn't go to California until 1970 and at that time, he and Frey hadn't gotten together. So unless they just needed a word that rhymed with "wine" there must have been some cloaked reference to the year.

What I'm saying is that 1969 was one of the most crucial YEARS in the history of Rock Music. I do not recall any statements clarifying that reference. Have any of you guys?