Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia View Post
    I think the bolded part is a major reason Vince was brought in as well. No one knew how Deacon would handle it.
    Also can't see Deacon doing all Glenn's lead songs and believe the idea to add Vince Gill probably took hold in December 2016 at the Kennedy Center Honors.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Out on the Border

Wonder if they will be as strict as they have been in the past about having people sit in their seats instead of standing all night, and not allowing cameras? Having paid quite a chunk of change for our seats I would like to actually see the concert instead of the back pockets of the guy in front of me.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Also can't see Deacon doing all Glenn's lead songs and believe the idea to add Vince Gill probably took hold in December 2016 at the Kennedy Center Honors.

Do you have any evidence to support that theory?

I only wish to add that I got another email from them & unsubscribed, as I had promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support that theory?

I only wish to add that I got another email from them & unsubscribed, as I had promised.
    Irving Azoff quoted as the source by numerous media outlets including The Boot. I don't know if it is true or not but it is out there. Personally I think it is possible and don't know why Azoff would make this claim about when they got the idea to add Vince. What are your thoughts?

"According to the Eagles’ manager, Irving Azoff, the idea of adding Gill to the band’s lineup came about during December’s Kennedy Center Honors ceremony, during which Gill helped pay tribute to the Eagles."

The Boot
    http://theboot.com/vince-gill-the-ea...17-tour-dates/

Edited to Add

IIRC The rumors about the band "reuniting/reforming" began circulating in the media around March 2017. Not long after came the stunning news about Azoff's summer CLASSiC East and West, a bi-coastal 6 band stadium sized concert with the Eagles sharing headliner billing with Fleetwood Mac. Given the time needed to organize an event of this size, contracting with talent, the venues, vendors, etc I would imagine this was being planned well in advance. Of course we gotta believe it helps that Azoff manages most if not all the talent/bands.

Summary ... From Kennedy Center Honors Dec 2016 to Summer Classic 2017 @ 6 months

New Lineup Publicity Photos released. Rehearsals begin in LA and elsewhere
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-15-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    Wonder if they will be as strict as they have been in the past about having people sit in their seats instead of standing all night, and not allowing cameras? Having paid quite a chunk of change for our seats I would like to actually see the concert instead of the back pockets of the guy in front of me.
    Well that is a problem. Personally I am content to enjoy their music without leaving home. Cheaper too.

Edited to add

Sorry don't mean to be insensitive just being honest about my thoughts/feelings. It's a lot of money I do hope it all wotks out for you and your friends.
    Last edited by Dawn; 12-15-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Seriously beginning to lose all interest in anything that has to do with this lineup and honestly don't believe we will ever know the truth. Clearly Azoff played a major role in the decision to continue without Glenn Frey. I am glad I can flip a switch plug in my earphones and still enjoy the Eagles and Glenn Frey anywhere and anytime. That is more than good enough. It's a blessing.

Out on the Border

Well that is a problem. Personally I am content to enjoy their music without leaving home. Cheaper too.

Edited to add

Sorry don't mean to be insensitive just being honest about my thoughts/feelings. It's a lot of money I do hope it all wotks out for you and your friends.
    If I were physically able to stand along with everyone else, I happily would. I’m going to be doing great to get inside the venue with the assistance of my friends and couldn’t possibly stand because of health issues. I will need to get cortisone injections in both knees and both shoulders to get by. So I imagine you are thinking why on earth should I go then? It’s because I’ve been waiting to see them again since 1980 and they have been at the top of my bucket list. Because it gives me something to be really excited about. The only gift under my Christmas tree is an Eagles concert ticket because my entire family has passed away. I’ve been an Eagles fan since the day their music first came on the radio. So I’m going one last time to see them, and it isn’t too much to ask to be able to actually see the concert.

It appears that being excited about going to their concerts since Glenns passing is a touchy subject, so I apologize for making people uncomfortable. I won’t post anything further.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, and may you and your families and loved ones find all the joy, health and happiness your hearts can hold in the New Year.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    If I were physically able to stand along with everyone else, I happily would. I’m going to be doing great to get inside the venue with the assistance of my friends and couldn’t possibly stand because of health issues. I will need to get cortisone injections in both knees and both shoulders to get by. So I imagine you are thinking why on earth should I go then? It’s because I’ve been waiting to see them again since 1980 and they have been at the top of my bucket list. Because it gives me something to be really excited about. The only gift under my Christmas tree is an Eagles concert ticket because my entire family has passed away. I’ve been an Eagles fan since the day their music first came on the radio. So I’m going one last time to see them, and it isn’t too much to ask to be able to actually see the concert.

It appears that being excited about going to their concerts since Glenns passing is a touchy subject, so I apologize for making people uncomfortable. I won’t post anything further.

Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas, and may you and your families and loved ones find all the joy, health and happiness your hearts can hold in the New Year.
    TimBfan I saw them for the first time after Glenn passed after thinking I’d never get to see them since Glenn passed and I had an amazing time. I hope you have an amazing time. The Glenn songs sound different but the harmonies are very similar and they sound great. Merry Christmas to you as well and I hope you have a great new year

Seriously beginning to lose all interest in anything that has to do with this lineup and honestly don't believe we will ever know the truth. Clearly Azoff played a major role in the decision to continue without Glenn Frey. I am glad I can flip a switch plug in my earphones and still enjoy the Eagles and Glenn Frey anywhere and anytime. That is more than good enough. It's a blessing.
    I feel the same way. As long as you can listen to the music (as New Kid in Town plays on my Pandora), he's always with us.

While I agree Deacon couldn't sing everything, it really irks me having VG in the band. I just feel he didn't pay his dues enough and is just using it as a platform to boost himself up and become relevant again in the minds of younger people. He certainly isn't an Eagle and nor was he supposed to be. Deacon hasn't exactly paid his dues either, but at least he was in the family. Still bothers me though. I think Gill's enthusiasm for this new "venture" is what bothers me more than Deacon just being a caricature of Glenn but both are upsetting to say the least.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."