Page 38 of 145 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I dislike the term "hired hands" as much as I do "sidemen" and don't think either is appropriate for Timothy and Joe, they are long time members of the Eagles but they are not original members. Don is the only original member left.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

How do the prices for "Evening With The Eagles" compare with co-headlining a venue with Jimmy Buffet, James Taylor, Chris Stapleton? Are they about the same, higher or lower?

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I dislike the term "hired hands" as much as I do "sidemen" and don't think either is appropriate for Timothy and Joe, they are long time members of the Eagles but they are not original members. Don is the only original member left.
    I whole totally agree. Joe joined the band in Dec.1975 and Tim in Sept/ Oct.1977. They are part of the Eagles and are not "sidemen". Vince and Deacon are a different story in MHO.

I know the tickets for New Orleans are between 46 and 398. I can't remember the prices in between. I remembered the second lowest ticket is 96 and then over 100, over 200 and then 398. I don't know the prices for Platinum (or whatever the heck its called) since you have to have a code for presale.

I think Tulsa is about close to New Orleans prices, but I don't know the prices. I don't know what the other prices are for the Evening With show since I don't really care about the other cities since I'm only going to New Orleans. I can't check right now because TM is blocked at work.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Question never answered, attacks continued. Lovely, as always. Of course, the answer to the question is "no."
    Well if you "knew" the answer to the question EIK, why did you ask it? In your opinion, you already knew the answer. Seems to me you just want to start things.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    It's funny that you mentioned ticket prices...I noticed in the booklet for the 40th Anniversary . HC, that there are a few ticket stubs. the prices there range from 8.50 to 12.50.
    When I saw HFO, tickets were 35.00 each. Same venue for HOTE, same tickets were 65.00 (These were all nosebleeds btw. In fact at HOTE we were in the last row of a 20,000 seat basketball arena)
    There were a few 40.00 tickets available for HOTE, but thanks to scalpers, I'm sure hardly anyone actually got to see the concert for that.

(Those prices for the tickets I had are face value. By the time you add everyone's fees on, they were about 15.00 per ticket more.)
    That is wild! A friend went to the HOTE concert here and she said they sat in the first level up on the last row and I think they paid $50.

Sometimes ticket prices are never going to make sense. When I went to see Taylor Swift, I got a ticket for a floor seat 5 chairs away from the main catwalk for $100 a couple of days before the show when the venue box office came up with additional tickets. But the young man sitting beside me paid $600 on the secondary market. Yikes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    Well if you "knew" the answer to the question EIK, why did you ask it? In your opinion, you already knew the answer. Seems to me you just want to start things.
    Nope, I was willing to be educated. But I took the evasion to the question as an indication to the answer. There's an actual conversation we could have about Vince Gill, what his participation symbolizes, how it has been generally received and if there are people who attend based on his appearances. I've actually asked that question to fellow concertgoers, but I guess it's more fun to speculate and assume whatever fits one's personal narrative.

I know no one is actually interested in that conversation, though, so I'll continue to have it in my own head. It's more reasonable up there.

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    I know the tickets for New Orleans are between 46 and 398. I can't remember the prices in between. I remembered the second lowest ticket is 96 and then over 100, over 200 and then 398. I don't know the prices for Platinum (or whatever the heck its called) since you have to have a code for presale.

I think Tulsa is about close to New Orleans prices, but I don't know the prices. I don't know what the other prices are for the Evening With show since I don't really care about the other cities since I'm only going to New Orleans. I can't check right now because TM is blocked at work.
    Thank you Shun, I have some time tonight and will try to research. I am curious how the pricing is structured with the different venues and acts.

From Felder’s book he complained about how outrageous the prices were for HFO. I’m not sure how expensive they were for the times but it’s not like the band hasn’t had really high prices before. I agree that they are probably excessive now and it’s weird that they charge more since Glenn passed but it’s not like they were above this thing in the past

Out on the Border

Thumbs down Re: Eagles.... 3.0

The Taylor Swift presale for her Arrowhead concert was unbelievable. Most of the floor seats are gone, and the ones that are available are $1495! I tried for handicap accessible seating, and evidently those are gone as well. High, high, high, high seating still available for under $50 for those who don’t have mobility issues and don’t mind looking at a stage the size of a thumbnail.

No wonder she’s doing a stadium tour ... 30,000 fans per venue is going to rake in big bucks.
    Last edited by TimBFan; 12-06-2017 at 09:11 PM.