Page 37 of 145 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: For Those Saying Glenn Frey is Necessary to the Eagles; no Glenn, no legit Eagles

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I can only speak for myself but without Glenn Frey, I no longer consider the Eagles as an iconic legendary "band". Rather, I see the "Eagles" as a show.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Well, it's the truth. They're worth what people will pay. Nobody's being forced to buy the tickets.

However, the whole "Glenn died... see us now before it's too late" marketing is the big reason why they can charge so much. Ask almost anyone who's shelling out. "I didn't get to see them as much as I wanted to before Glenn died... I now realize I need to..."

And they're taking advantage of that by jacking up prices.

As I said before, it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth.
    A very bad taste indeed.

Stuck on the Border

I must say it surprises me how many "must see them before it's too late" people there are. I'm not sure where it comes from, this "really, definitely, absolutely the last and final chance to get to see them!!!" phenomenon. Well, for me it's already too late anyway. I guess Paul and Ringo could tour together as "The beatles" and I could see "The beatles" before it's too late, besides I didn't get to see them in the 60's. Well I guess that was a dumb thing to say, haha.

As for the ticket prices...I know nothing about that stuff. Is it necessarily the band's decision to charge more? Could it be Ticketmaster and an "economy has changed" kind of thing? Either way, from a fan's perspective I would find it ridiculous to may more for this.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-06-2017 at 04:24 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EagleInKansas View Post
    Legitimate question -- is there any specific marketing campaign or strategy you've seen that indicates the Eagles are going the "see us now before it's too late" route? Seems the opposite, with hints they may go 3-4 more years.
    Question never answered, attacks continued. Lovely, as always. Of course, the answer to the question is "no."

Stuck on the Border

Question never answered, attacks continued. Lovely, as always. Of course, the answer to the question is "no."
    If you count me in this "attacks continued" group, you are mistaken. I said: "I'm not sure where it comes from, this 'really, definitely, absolutely the last and final chance to get to see them!!!' phenomenon." This means that as far as I know the band has not said so.
    Last edited by chaim; 12-06-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    I can only speak for myself but without Glenn Frey, I no longer consider the Eagles as an iconic legendary "band". Rather, I see the "Eagles" as a show.
    Clearly people who have never seen the Eagles prior to Glenn Frey being replaced have already missed out.

What they are seeing now is a show with one original member, two long time sidemen and two Glenn Frey replacements.

Stuck on the Border

The perception does appear to be amongst some fans that the 'see them now before it's too late' is a factor, to which I responded rather caustically, because it's obvious they are going to continue. No, they haven't sold it that way themselves, but that is the way it is being perceived, like it or not. All they have done themselves is annonunce a tour for which they are apparently charging what would appear to be excessive prices given what is being presented.

People who object to this exercise are going to continue 'attacking' it. That is what this thread is for. Also, a couple of us did address your suggestion that the high prices could be due to Gill's status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Clearly people who have never seen the Eagles prior to Glenn Frey being replaced have already missed out.

What they are seeing now is a show with one original member, two long time sidemen and two Glenn Frey replacements.
    I don’t think it’s fair to call Joe and Tim long time sidemen

Out on the Border

I saw the Eagles in June, 1980 at Kemper Arena with Christopher Cross as their opening act. Digging around on the internet, the ticket prices were evidently $10 - $12.50, not that I remember. But I still remember the instant Glenn walked onstage wearing a Winsteads T-shirt, a local burger place. The crowd went nuts. It was one of those epic concerts you never forget. They’ve been here countless times after that, and I’m sad to say I missed them all for various reasons.

Will I go see them if they stop in my hometown again? Absolutely, but I understand i would be seeing a variation of the band I’ve always loved. It won’t be the same, but I still want to hear Don sing his trademark songs, as well as Timothy and Joe. I think it’s wrong on many levels to charge $1600 a ticket. I get emails from Sprint Center and Starlight Theater all the time announcing new concerts and I’m always curious about the ticket prices. Dolly Parton had VIP tickets for seats in the first few rows, and along with the usual goodie bag items people could see a collection of costumes from years past but I don’t remember a m&g opportunity ... for $1295 a ticket. I wouldn’t pay that but I’m sure someone did and they probably had a great time.

Guessing that the guys must have reached an amicable salary to come back out on the road, and I’m happy if they are happy. But I find it sad that they scorch the fans with big ticket prices.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by TimBFan View Post
    I saw the Eagles in June, 1980 at Kemper Arena with Christopher Cross as their opening act. Digging around on the internet, the ticket prices were evidently $10 - $12.50, not that I remember. But I still remember the instant Glenn walked onstage wearing a Winsteads T-shirt, a local burger place. The crowd went nuts. It was one of those epic concerts you never forget. They’ve been here countless times after that, and I’m sad to say I missed them all for various reasons.

Will I go see them if they stop in my hometown again? Absolutely, but I understand i would be seeing a variation of the band I’ve always loved. It won’t be the same, but I still want to hear Don sing his trademark songs, as well as Timothy and Joe. I think it’s wrong on many levels to charge $1600 a ticket. I get emails from Sprint Center and Starlight Theater all the time announcing new concerts and I’m always curious about the ticket prices. Dolly Parton had VIP tickets for seats in the first few rows, and along with the usual goodie bag items people could see a collection of costumes from years past but I don’t remember a m&g opportunity ... for $1295 a ticket. I wouldn’t pay that but I’m sure someone did and they probably had a great time.

Guessing that the guys must have reached an amicable salary to come back out on the road, and I’m happy if they are happy. But I find it sad that they scorch the fans with big ticket prices.
    It's funny that you mentioned ticket prices...I noticed in the booklet for the 40th Anniversary . HC, that there are a few ticket stubs. the prices there range from 8.50 to 12.50.
    When I saw HFO, tickets were 35.00 each. Same venue for HOTE, same tickets were 65.00 (These were all nosebleeds btw. In fact at HOTE we were in the last row of a 20,000 seat basketball arena)
    There were a few 40.00 tickets available for HOTE, but thanks to scalpers, I'm sure hardly anyone actually got to see the concert for that.

(Those prices for the tickets I had are face value. By the time you add everyone's fees on, they were about 15.00 per ticket more.)