Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP David Cassidy

Default Re: RIP David Cassidy

A lot of my Osmond friends are David Cassidy fans. They loved Donny and David since they were out at the same time.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    A lot of my Osmond friends are David Cassidy fans. They loved Donny and David since they were out at the same time.
    Well, this happened to me. Donny or David? I could never decide.

I was in England for a year in 1972-73 when all this was at its height. I always thought that Donny Osmond was better looking but that David Cassidy had the edge regarding musical credibility - and yet I never bought any of this albums, whereas I had two Donny Osmond albums. I still listen to Cherish & Could It Be Forever, though. He was talented; he perhaps didn't ever realise his talents in full. RIP.

I agree. David didn't know how talented he was.

If I remembered, David didn't like the super stardom.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Stuck on the Border Witchy Woman's Avatar

Damn shame. He was one of my childhood crushes. Quite a few of them have died in the past few years. Makes you consider your own mortality.

Bringing up this thread with new information. From my friend Barbara D. Livingston's Facebook posts, this happened the last day of Saratoga racing on September 1, 2018:

Famed singer and racehorse owner David Cassidy's ashes were spread at Saratoga Race Course, a track David dearly loved. Trainer Gary Contessa's pony Razor was used for the short service Saturday morning, which was attended by friends and family.

Rider Benito Alvarado performed the honors but his task was not easy, as Razor got a bit worked up. As Gary Contessa said of his longtime stable pony, "He's always been bombproof, but apparently he isn't ashes-proof."

David would have loved that show.

Later that afternoon, the Gary Contessa longshot trainee Sippican Harbor ran in the Grade 1 Spinaway. Gary had looked skyward before the race, asking his longtime friend David Cassidy for a little help, if he could.

Sippican Harbor won and paid $34.